#46 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,060 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

Rivera said that these 6 games were more about finding out who was going to be on the team next year and who they could count on, versus who was better or could help them win. How much does the shift from Nannee to LaFell represent an oppportunity for LaFell to prove that he can be a number 2 receiver versus giving it to him because he is clearly better than Nannee. Maybe Rivera knows what he has in Nannee so he is playing LaFell to see if he is going to be here next year versus playing him because he is better. This could be a test that LaFell has to pass. Or maybe they know that Nannee was only a stop gap and will be gone and are playing LaFell to see if he can take that spot or will be gone as well.

#47 CarolinaPanthers2K11

CarolinaPanthers2K11

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

Rivera said that these 6 games were more about finding out who was going to be on the team next year and who they could count on, versus who was better or could help them win. How much does the shift from Nannee to LaFell represent an oppportunity for LaFell to prove that he can be a number 2 receiver versus giving it to him because he is clearly better than Nannee. Maybe Rivera knows what he has in Nannee so he is playing LaFell to see if he is going to be here next year versus playing him because he is better. This could be a test that LaFell has to pass. Or maybe they know that Nannee was only a stop gap and will be gone and are playing LaFell to see if he can take that spot or will be gone as well.

Well said. This is his audition tape. We have Edwards and Pilares waiting in the background for their short... Pilares being a legit contender. That coupled with Gettis pretty much being handed the #2 spot when he comes back, and you have a crowded WR corps...

#48 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,060 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

Simple. Naanee is what he is vs. LaFell young with potential.

We've reached that point where we are basically just toying with line ups to evaluate players for next year while still trying to be competitive.

Really hope LaFell continues to play well, but obviously a move that probably could've been made long ago.

If we were in playoff contention, who would be the number 2?? As others have said, if Nannee's job was to teach others the offense then his job could be done and we are seeing what else we have. On the other hand we are going from Nannee to LaFell at the same time that the team decided to change philosophy from winning now to playing the young guys looking towards next year. The move seems to be getting made now because the philosophy has changed. I just wonder whether as people speculate that this is a reward for playing well or whether it is a test that he will either pass or fail. It could either be a great opportunity or signify the end of his stay here depending on how he performs the next 5 games. After all wasn't the reason he didn't play up to now because he didn't know the playbook and didn't know the offense. Could to be a serious lack of effort reminescent of another receiver, Keary Colbert.

#49 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,713 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

Well said. This is his audition tape. We have Edwards and Pilares waiting in the background for their short... Pilares being a legit contender. That coupled with Gettis pretty much being handed the #2 spot when he comes back, and you have a crowded WR corps...

Remember that Naanee was brought in after RR said that neither Gettis nor LaFell has stepped up to take the #2 spot in camp.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Gettis is going to come back and automatically be that legit #2 we have all been waiting for.

#50 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,607 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

naa naa naa naa naa naa naa naa nee nee nee goodbye.

#51 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:31 AM

:D

Donno how many times this year the guy has to prove himself, but now he shud REALLY step up!

#52 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

I agree that LaFell should be our #2 WR, but I also think that Nanee will be a good 3rd WR.

Yea, Naanee has made some mistakes this season, but the hate for him on this board is rediculous, seriously.

#53 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:37 AM

Jesus won't hear you, he's too busy helping The Golden Calf of Bristol perform miracles.

Lafell deserves it.

#54 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

LaFell/Gettis 2016!!!!
Vote now for WR tandem of the year.

#55 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:40 AM

I def see us carrying 4 WRs next year. Naanee and Gettis in the slot will be very interesting.

#56 UNC-T

UNC-T

Reppin' Lurker Nation

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

Wait wait wait wait.

Why aren't we talking about this.

We have actually managed to develop a promising young receiver. Whose name isn't Steve Smith.

I'm not saying he is going to be a world beater, but IT CAN BE DONE. Let's just draft all our WRs from LSU!

#57 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Marguide said it, how do we know Gettis is the one? or the #2 rather?

Also, who are the "elite" TEs in the league? How close/far is Olsen from being considered for that group?

#58 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

Exactly. The coaching staff is probably looking at this as an audition to see whether or not they need to add that solid WR through the draft or FA next year. Hopefully LaFell steps up.

#59 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

Good. Now Rivera needs to start Butler over Munnerlyn, and we may start looking like a team. (I still want Kalil in the draft however, so I hope some of these other sorry teams start winning.)

#60 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com