Photo
- - - - -

What is your mentality for our first selection at this point in the season?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#13 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

Ya gotta move past the bpa mindset. You also need to consider what the best teams are doing now. Pass pass and pass some more. Play decent def and have a solid secondary and just maintain a lead.
So with that being said i say shore up the secondary. We can score with little problem but cant keep a lead. Green Bay has not trailed in the 4th qrtr in over a year!!

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

bpa that fits a major position of need....which would be (not really in order) OT, WLB, DT, and of course CB.

if some monumentally talented guy inexplicably falls to us that happens to play in a spot that it wouldn't hurt to have more depth at like WR, ILB, OG, S, or even DE then i wouldn't hate the pick.

hmmm....i guess as long as it's not a QB, RB, or a kicker i'd be fine. i'd like us to address those major areas of need first, but at this point i'd be fine with whatever.

considering where we are going to be situated in the draft and the number of needs, trading back and getting a couple extra picks (or at least getting back in the 3rd round) may be the best thing for us.

most the draft needs to focus on defense. most of the offseason needs to focus on it actually. i'd like to see us a little active in FA early like we were this past year when we picked up a piece that was going to be crucial to what they wanted to do (shockey).

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

Ya gotta move past the bpa mindset. You also need to consider what the best teams are doing now. Pass pass and pass some more. Play decent def and have a solid secondary and just maintain a lead.
So with that being said i say shore up the secondary. We can score with little problem but cant keep a lead. Green Bay has not trailed in the 4th qrtr in over a year!!

bpa for an area of need. the more you narrow your list of prospects, the weaker your pick may be.

#16 nickzz

nickzz
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

i'm a bit torn between the two (offense/defense pick). a player like blackmon/floyd/etc. could really put our offense over the top and eventually replace steve smith. on the other hand, we NEED defensive talent at cb, olb and dt