82 replies to this topic

#61 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

I have no problem sharing some of the economic growth with the rest of the world.
Everybody has got to eat (except meth addicts).

As long as they remember we can still kick their arse anytime we want to.

yup, that and our massive consumer market are what's keeping us on top.

#62 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,887 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

what specifically did he say that freaked you out this time?

Argeeing to allow a board made up of foreign delegates from around the world to dictate what our top CEOs make at U.S. companies he sees as systemicly important..... he should have stood up and demanded this idea be thrown out. The Fed and SEC will be taking direction that is effected by this "board". This is totally outrageous. He wants to be a part of the EU.

Not to mention he called you and I "arrogant and dismissive, even derisive." on foreign soil. Not matter what context, a U.S, president should not talk down about his own country on foreign soil.

Then there was this quote that N. Korea obviously took very seriously because Obama transcends politics and is adhored by every human being:

Mr Obama took the opportunity to warn North Korea that it should abandon its "provocative" plans to launch a long-range rocket. He said he had made clear the reclusive Stalinist state should "stop the launch" or the US would "take appropriate steps to let North Korea know that it can't threaten the safety and security of other countries with impunity".

Result:
Posted Image

http://www.telegraph...-to-allies.html

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 07 April 2009 - 02:33 PM.

#63 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,887 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

Wonder what steps Barry will take next? Think he'll send Kim Jong-il an iPod with "Sexual Healing" and "We Are The World" on it?

Dude is a weakling.

#64 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

Wonder what steps he will take? Think he'll send Kim Jong-il an iPod with "Sexual Healing" and "We Are The World" on it?

Jong-il is more of a movie buff.

Probably wants some non-playable DVDs.

#65 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

Barry blows

#66 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

Argeeing to allow a board made up of foreign delegates from around the world to dictate what our top CEOs make at U.S. companies he sees as systemicly important..... he should have stood up and demanded this idea be thrown out. The Fed and SEC will be taking direction that is effected by this "board". This is totally outrageous. He wants to be a part of the EU.

Not to mention he called you and I "arrogant and dismissive, even derisive." on foreign soil. Not matter what context, a U.S, president should not talk down about his own country on foreign soil.

Then there was this quote that N. Korea obviously took very seriously because Obama transcends politics and is adhored by every human being:

Result:
Posted Image

He didn't call you or I anything. Stop being so sensitive. In the last 8 years this country has gone from being a leader to being rogue and instead of diplomacy and fairness being our way of doing business, saber rattling, even amongst our allies has become the preferred method of communication.

He also said this...
"But in Europe, there is an anti-Americanism that is at once casual, but can also be insidious. Instead of recognising the good that America so often does in the world, there have been times where Europeans choose to blame America for much of what is bad.
“On both sides of the Atlantic, these attitudes have become all too common. They are not wise. They do not represent the truth. They threaten to widen the divide across the Atlantic and leave us both more isolated. They fail to acknowledge the fundamental truth that America cannot confront the challenges of this century alone, but that Europe cannot confront them without America."

Seems pretty strong.

And as far as the NK stuff goes, that's already been covered, nobody has a better solution.

#67 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,724 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

Result:
Posted Image

Are you willing to send your kids to North Korea to fight? You yourself? ready to spend the money on that too?

Here's the deal. North Korea uses these childish tactics as bargaining chips for food and assistance, so they can keep their closed off society. They've been doing it for decades now. They already have the bomb, so all the alarmist talk about how if they got one they would use it sooner rather than later has turned out to be baloney. Obama is simply continuing the same tactics used by all the Presidents of the past 50 years, and so is North Korea.

And the fact is, Obama needs to show some humility to the world after Bush dragged his balls all over their faces for the past 8 years. It does not hurt to admit when you made a mistake, and usually it helps repair things between people. Telling your wife to shut the hell up after shes mad at you for staying out all night may work for whomever you married, but for the rest of us, apologizing at least helps start the sex flowing again at some later date.

You are talking about our reaction to the rest of the world as if they were a pack of dogs and we were their master. We already tried that and it failed miserably. Your idea lost, so we are trying a new one. That's what we voted for.

#68 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

CWG

In your heart of hearts, do you really believe that the bad guys in this world respect a soft, liberal leader like Obama?

#69 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

CWG

In your heart of hearts, do you really believe that the bad guys in this world respect a soft, liberal leader like Obama?

I think flying planes into buildings shows a defined lack of respect for everything we do. I could give a poo if they respect us, they just need to be smart enough to understand that if they stick their heads out of their holes they're toast. do you think they respected bush?

/referring to people as "bad guys" makes it impossible to have a serious discussion about these things.

#70 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

sorry, i'm no CWG, but I answered anyway.

#71 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 21,724 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

What the hell do I care about the feelings of bad guys? Did Bush make people tremble in fear? Under whose administration did NK develop the atomic bomb? Under whose administration did 9/11 occur?

It does not matter a whit what these people think. If they push the US to the point where we have no choice, we can defend ourselves. The stupidity comes in where we think we are so right about our place in the world that we can start "preemptive" wars.

Also, the term "bad guys" is taken to mean "people we do not like". In some parts of the world, we are the bad guys. Does that mean we are?

If you are only looking for simplistic answers, I am not the person to answer them.

#72 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:10 PM

sorry, i'm no CWG, but I answered anyway.

it was a trick question...CWG has no heart

#73 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

it was a trick question...CWG has no heart

i figured it'd be a bleeding heart.

#74 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

What the hell do I care about the feelings of bad guys? Did Bush make people tremble in fear? Under whose administration did NK develop the atomic bomb? Under whose administration did 9/11 occur?

It does not matter a whit what these people think. If they push the US to the point where we have no choice, we can defend ourselves. The stupidity comes in where we think we are so right about our place in the world that we can start "preemptive" wars.

Also, the term "bad guys" is taken to mean "people we do not like". In some parts of the world, we are the bad guys. Does that mean we are?

If you are only looking for simplistic answers, I am not the person to answer them.

So you were fine with Jimmy Carter, then?

#75 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 21,724 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:14 PM

I was in sixth grade?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.