Photo
- - - - -

Alright, seriously...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#76 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,722 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

And as far as the NK stuff goes, that's already been covered, nobody has a better solution.

Newt Gingrich had some ideas:
http://www.foxnews.c...,512719,00.html

#77 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

What the hell do I care about the feelings of bad guys? Did Bush make people tremble in fear? Under whose administration did NK develop the atomic bomb? Under whose administration did 9/11 occur?

Under whose administration was it planned?

#78 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,722 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

Are you willing to send your kids to North Korea to fight? You yourself? ready to spend the money on that too?

Here's the deal. North Korea uses these childish tactics as bargaining chips for food and assistance, so they can keep their closed off society. They've been doing it for decades now. They already have the bomb, so all the alarmist talk about how if they got one they would use it sooner rather than later has turned out to be baloney. Obama is simply continuing the same tactics used by all the Presidents of the past 50 years, and so is North Korea.

And the fact is, Obama needs to show some humility to the world after Bush dragged his balls all over their faces for the past 8 years. It does not hurt to admit when you made a mistake, and usually it helps repair things between people. Telling your wife to shut the hell up after shes mad at you for staying out all night may work for whomever you married, but for the rest of us, apologizing at least helps start the sex flowing again at some later date.

You are talking about our reaction to the rest of the world as if they were a pack of dogs and we were their master. We already tried that and it failed miserably. Your idea lost, so we are trying a new one. That's what we voted for.

First, aren't you the one who said you were divorced (can't remember). I am in a happy and loving marriage, so take that off your list of insults.

Obviously you have NEVER been in a position of leadership. Leaders are not about being friends and making everybody happy. Tough decisions are made by leaders. Obama does not want to keep the U.S. in the position of leader, he wants us to blend in. Once we blend in, we are screwed. You think the people that have carried out attacks on the U.S. and our interests give two flying sh*ts about diplomacy and a damned apology? Good gawd man, wake the hell up bro.

#79 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:32 PM

Newt Gingrich had some ideas:
http://www.foxnews.c...,512719,00.html

what? no he doesn't.

#80 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,779 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

So Al-Queda is happy about the transfer of resources to Afganistan?

As far as "being a leader", you ever hear of the idea of "leading by example"? Do leaders have to be arrogant pricks that tell people what to do to the letter? Would you enjoy working for a leader like that, and would you gladly stay on with his company?

The people who attacked us don't care, but the rest of the world does. That will in turn make it harder for the assholes to maintain their security and support. Muslims know that Al-Queida is not a constructive organization...but it sure got our attention and many of them at least respect that.

Bush lost out on Iraq partly because our allies turned against us there, for the reason that we were arrogant. We lied to our own people about the threat to get the war started, and lied to them. We then acted like a "real leader" over there....and they all left. But hey, at least Bush had balls!

And really, telling me you have a happy marriage can only mean one thing - you are not the big balled, "do what I say because it's the hard choice" person you want others to be (or your wife has some serious self esteem issues). You have to know compromise and the power of words to make a marriage work. My ex didn't seem to care about that. She's with another man and still miserable, I am with a great woman and happy. Politics is the same, it just replaces rolling pins with thermonuclear warheads.

#81 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

My beautiful thread is turning into Dr. Phil. Enough with the marriage comparisons!

#82 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,722 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

So Al-Queda is happy about the transfer of resources to Afganistan?

As far as "being a leader", you ever hear of the idea of "leading by example"? Do leaders have to be arrogant pricks that tell people what to do to the letter? Would you enjoy working for a leader like that, and would you gladly stay on with his company?

The people who attacked us don't care, but the rest of the world does. That will in turn make it harder for the assholes to maintain their security and support. Muslims know that Al-Queida is not a constructive organization...but it sure got our attention and many of them at least respect that.

Bush lost out on Iraq partly because our allies turned against us there, for the reason that we were arrogant. We lied to our own people about the threat to get the war started, and lied to them. We then acted like a "real leader" over there....and they all left. But hey, at least Bush had balls!

And really, telling me you have a happy marriage can only mean one thing - you are not the big balled, "do what I say because it's the hard choice" person you want others to be (or your wife has some serious self esteem issues). You have to know compromise and the power of words to make a marriage work. My ex didn't seem to care about that. She's with another man and still miserable, I am with a great woman and happy. Politics is the same, it just replaces rolling pins with thermonuclear warheads.

I'm sure the Taliban in Turkey is happy.

First, I want a leader that will say "No" to a plan that grants other nations the authority to dictate salaries of some U.S. CEOs. Secondly, I have no problem with authority, giving or receiving. I'm not mad at the establishment or "the man". If a CEO is running a damn good company that I am EMPLOYED by and he tells me to sit down and shut the f*ck up, I'm listening. Why would you vote for a President that is willing to give in so easily? This is not selling widgets here and corporate leadership is different than leading the USA. Any sign of weakness empowers our enemies. And I know your glasses are rose colored, but people hate us.

Big Balls > Cutting military spending and hoping the world will forgive us

No, I can leave my work at the office. I don't carry work home to my family. I have the ability to keep the two seperate. Why does it matter to you about my ball size and marriage anyway? Liberals always try to relate the President to the common man.

#83 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,779 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

And here I was thinking Dubya got elected because people felt he "was a guy you could have a beer with".

I really don't know what you are talking about regarding other countries dictating companies CEO salaries, but I am sure it has to do with getting the economic work thats being done setup on a more global level, and it must have been a big deal to someone.

I've stated my views on defense spending before - I don't think it makes a whit of difference if we spend 8 times as much as any other nation on defense vs. 10 times as much.

Taliban in Turkey? Wha?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com