#46 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,925 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

Legs' throw to Cam was the first time in a while I've seen a #17 in a Panthers uniform not throw an interception.

That play also showed why many experts thought Cam should switch to WR or TE. So at least we know he can catch and get YAC so we can convert him to WR or TE. Since that would be the smartest thing to do with him.

In all seriousness though, that was a great play. Love to see new plays coming out of the play book

#47 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

KC Joyner is, frankly, an embarrassment. Leading up to the draft, his profile of Newton stuck out for its ridiculousness. He, someone who supposedly follows a trail of breadcrumbs from the statistics to the truth, and nothing else, made an argument that Newton was going to fail in the NFL because of his "unfixable" throwing motion. (!) The headline of his current article is "Dalton is Better Than Newton", no qualifiers. In his article he makes a very pained argument that very specific stats of Dalton's are slightly better than Newton's and therefore he is better and will have a better career. At no point in his article does he mention or even refer to Newton's 500 or so rushing yards and 10 (now 13) rushing touchdowns.

I am all for arguments promoting unpopular opinions but you've seriously got to do better than that.

#48 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

In all seriousness though, that was a great play. Love to see new plays coming out of the play book

Straight out of the Gus Malzahn playbook from 2010.

#49 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

KC Joyner is, frankly, an embarrassment. Leading up to the draft, his profile of Newton stuck out for its ridiculousness. He, someone who supposedly follows a trail of breadcrumbs from the statistics to the truth, and nothing else, made an argument that Newton was going to fail in the NFL because of his "unfixable" throwing motion. (!) The headline of his current article is "Dalton is Better Than Newton", no qualifiers. In his article he makes a very pained argument that very specific stats of Dalton's are slightly better than Newton's and therefore he is better and will have a better career. At no point in his article does he mention or even refer to Newton's 500 or so rushing yards and 10 (now 13) rushing touchdowns.

I am all for arguments promoting unpopular opinions but you've seriously got to do better than that.

agree... as I said earlier, I think he has the capability to really break things down on these guys, but he stops short of anything meaningful by using such limited criteria. He did this during the draft also, which was IMO quite a let down. He is developing an argument and finding stats to support it, instead of letting the stats tell him what he should be arguing. =|

#50 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

I've just never understood the resistance some people have to the idea of Newton being successful. I saw the article Joyner had on espn insider after the game against the Bucs, and it just made me laugh. I guess he had to cover his tail after Dalton's poor performance and Newton's record breaking performance, but it just seems he goes out of his way to down Newton.

Newton and Dalton are extraordinary talents in the NFL, and I believe both will be stars for many years. Newton and Dalton are great in different ways that depending on the specific set of stats of situations you compare them with. Think about it, Joyner could compare which QB's hair is better, and throw out a bunch of stats on how guys with red hair throw at a better percentage than guys with black hair in the NFL. We are all entitled to our opinions, but I believe Newton is by far the better QB. If nothing else, it's just a gut feeling you get when you see the Newton both on and off the field compared to Dalton. Superstars in sports are those who look like men playing against boys, and Newton has that ability. Dalton reminds me a lot of Buffalo Bills QB Jim Kelly. Never a superstar, but still led his team to four superbowls that they lost.

It's such a impossible task to prove who is better by stats alone in a team sport like football.

#51 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

Just checked on wikipedia and the #1 overall pick hasn't won ROTY for 30 years. I hope Cam can do it. Undefeated college season. National champs in college. Heismann Trophy winner. #1 overall pick in NFL draft. NFL Rookie of the Year. That's a helluva lot of cool poo to happen to a guy over the span of a couple of years.

#52 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Just checked on wikipedia and the #1 overall pick hasn't won ROTY for 30 years. I hope Cam can do it. Undefeated college season. National champs in college. Heismann Trophy winner. #1 overall pick in NFL draft. NFL Rookie of the Year. That's a helluva lot of cool poo to happen to a guy over the span of a couple of years.

Posted Image

#53 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

LOL, sorry, forgot to write prior to Bradford last year. FML.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.