Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:21 AM

Interesting numbers ...

http://pewresearch.o...proval-historic

For all of his hopes about bipartisanship, Barack Obama has the most polarized early job approval ratings of any president in the past four decades. The 61-point partisan gap in opinions about Obama's job performance is the result of a combination of high Democratic ratings for the president -- 88% job approval among Democrats -- and relatively low approval ratings among Republicans (27%).

By comparison, there was a somewhat smaller 51-point partisan gap in views of George W. Bush's job performance in April 2001, a few months into his first term. At that time, Republican enthusiasm for Bush was comparable to how Democrats feel about Obama today, but there was substantially less criticism from members of the opposition party. Among Democrats, 36% approved of Bush's job performance in April 2001; that compares with a 27% job approval rating for Obama among Republicans today.

#2 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,678 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

i'm surprised as many as 27% of republicans approve of a black person.

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

Well he is going to shut down Nascar...

#4 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:31 AM

Well he is going to shut down Nascar...

I have a lot of friends who work in NASCAR. They're all pissed at the magazine, not Obama. It's like "why put that idea in the man's head?"

#5 natty

natty

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

I think it's an indication of the overall partisan divide in America. A divide that's done nothing but get stronger.

#6 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:00 AM

i think it's an indication of the overall partisan divide in america. A divide that's done nothing but get stronger.

thanks media!

#7 natty

natty

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:07 AM

thanks media!

Posted Image

#8 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:19 AM

Posted Image

just thanking the media as an industry for what seems to be the only service they provide the people of this country, division and distraction.

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

He must really be doing something right. All those people voted for Dubya twice.

Since everything he's been doing lately has been related to the mess he took over, and he's just gotten started, I guess that means that Democrats are just more willing to give someone else a chance, and Republicans are close minded and sore losers from the start. Obama is not going to ban abortion, send the Mexicans back home, or nuke North Korea for fun, so he must be a communist.

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

He must really be doing something right. All those people voted for Dubya twice.

Since everything he's been doing lately has been related to the mess he took over, and he's just gotten started, I guess that means that Democrats are just more willing to give someone else a chance, and Republicans are close minded and sore losers from the start. Obama is not going to ban abortion, send the Mexicans back home, or nuke North Korea for fun, so he must be a communist.

It'd be nice if he just follow up on one of his campaign promises. That'd be a start.

#11 natty

natty

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:56 AM

If you've got the time this is a decent documentary about the partisan divide in the US. When I watched it I remember thinking there was some stuff taken out of context but overall it seemed to be pretty objective.

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

Barack Obama will responsibly end the war in Iraq:
Immediately upon taking office, Obama will give his Secretary of Defense and military commanders a new mission in Iraq: successfully ending the war. The removal of our troops will be responsible and phased.

First thing I googled.

#13 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

You deal in absolutes ... must make life rough.

#14 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

First thing I googled.

Jesus H the war was already headed that way.

Doesn't a good leader, by definition, bring a country together?

If so, this would eliminate Obama AND Bush from the conversation.

#15 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

A good leader brings the country together to achieve a common purpose. You can ask the America First people before WWII how well Roosevelt brought the nation together.

Here's the problem: you are not going to like what Obama does. That's why you voted for the other guy, even though you know that they are about 80 percent identical on their stances when push comes to shove. So far there are a lot of things I would have like to have seen, but have not happened - but I understand politics a little bit and know that we did not elect him King (or "Messiah" as you may have heard).

So far Obama has not gone into some Pelosi lock step, or given transgendered hookers the same rights as normal hookers. He's continuing what has been given to him with a Democratic philosopical slant. Get used to that.

The Republicans are not interested in working with the Dems from a standpoint of "what they can accomplish". They come up with "alternate budgets" that keep Bushes tax cuts and cut Democratic favored programs, which are, of course, non starters - this is not working together, is it?

Which is the point. All they want to do is say the same old thing, and wait for the Dems to fail. So they can fail again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com