Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Partisan Gap in Obama Job Approval Widest in Modern Era

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Interesting numbers ...

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1178/polarized-partisan-gap-in-obama-approval-historic

For all of his hopes about bipartisanship, Barack Obama has the most polarized early job approval ratings of any president in the past four decades. The 61-point partisan gap in opinions about Obama's job performance is the result of a combination of high Democratic ratings for the president -- 88% job approval among Democrats -- and relatively low approval ratings among Republicans (27%).

By comparison, there was a somewhat smaller 51-point partisan gap in views of George W. Bush's job performance in April 2001, a few months into his first term. At that time, Republican enthusiasm for Bush was comparable to how Democrats feel about Obama today, but there was substantially less criticism from members of the opposition party. Among Democrats, 36% approved of Bush's job performance in April 2001; that compares with a 27% job approval rating for Obama among Republicans today.

Posted · Report post

i'm surprised as many as 27% of republicans approve of a black person.

Posted · Report post

Well he is going to shut down Nascar...

Posted · Report post

Well he is going to shut down Nascar...

I have a lot of friends who work in NASCAR. They're all pissed at the magazine, not Obama. It's like "why put that idea in the man's head?"

Posted · Report post

I think it's an indication of the overall partisan divide in America. A divide that's done nothing but get stronger.

Posted · Report post

i think it's an indication of the overall partisan divide in america. A divide that's done nothing but get stronger.

thanks media!

Posted · Report post

thanks media!

lol_wut.jpg

Posted · Report post

lol_wut.jpg

just thanking the media as an industry for what seems to be the only service they provide the people of this country, division and distraction.

Posted · Report post

He must really be doing something right. All those people voted for Dubya twice.

Since everything he's been doing lately has been related to the mess he took over, and he's just gotten started, I guess that means that Democrats are just more willing to give someone else a chance, and Republicans are close minded and sore losers from the start. Obama is not going to ban abortion, send the Mexicans back home, or nuke North Korea for fun, so he must be a communist.

Posted · Report post

He must really be doing something right. All those people voted for Dubya twice.

Since everything he's been doing lately has been related to the mess he took over, and he's just gotten started, I guess that means that Democrats are just more willing to give someone else a chance, and Republicans are close minded and sore losers from the start. Obama is not going to ban abortion, send the Mexicans back home, or nuke North Korea for fun, so he must be a communist.

It'd be nice if he just follow up on one of his campaign promises. That'd be a start.

Posted · Report post

If you've got the time this is a decent documentary about the partisan divide in the US. When I watched it I remember thinking there was some stuff taken out of context but overall it seemed to be pretty objective.

Posted · Report post

Barack Obama will responsibly end the war in Iraq:

Immediately upon taking office, Obama will give his Secretary of Defense and military commanders a new mission in Iraq: successfully ending the war. The removal of our troops will be responsible and phased.

First thing I googled.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments