Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catalyst

2012 Election Thread

89 posts in this topic

Huntsman cannot win because of his ties to Obama. The 2012 election is going to be about being anything but Obama (kindof how Obama made 2008 about not being Bush, even though Bush wasn't running).

His only tie is that Obama took a Reagan appointed guy who he was afraid about rising in the GOP and turned him into a 'RINO' by simply giving him the China post.

I just hate how they frame that he's Obama's China Ambassador...he's the US China Ambassador

1 person likes this

His only tie is that Obama took a Reagan appointed guy who he was afraid about rising in the GOP and turned him into a 'RINO' by simply giving him the China post.

I just hate how they frame that he's Obama's China Ambassador...he's the US China Ambassador

Maybe true, but not how it plays out in the media.

Maybe true, but not how it plays out in the media.

yeah...that's kinda what I acknowledged :D

I can't wait to read his new book "I was an Ambassador for the AntiChrist".

Do you know who I actually am pissed at due to where we are now?

Mitch Daniels

That guy would have been the perfect type of candidate that we need right now. He's appealing from the center-left to the far far right. The networks were aching him to run but at the same time he doesn't seem like the showman type. I wish he would have run dammit.

Its basically Romney, or Gingrich, or Obama...in other words: staying the same

and now Perry has turned down Trump. Good luck Newt :D

and now Perry has turned down Trump. Good luck Newt :D

What will happen is that Newt will stay the same and Santorum will creep up bypassing Bachmann and Perry. Like I mentioned before, unless Trump asked Gingrich whether he wears boxers or briefs, then he is good to go.

Personally, I'm thinking it ends up like this in the end. Virginia is tricky; I gave it to Obama, but it could certainly just as likely go for Romney. In any event, it wouldn't change the election results even if it did.

At the moment it's just a gut feeling. New Hampshire as well:

7123336.jpg

Map generator is available at http://www.270towin.com for anyone who wants to give it a go.

Ohio and Virgina are going to determine it all.

I would say that Obama easily loses Ohio, but (if I remember correctly) Ohio is actually doing better in their economic recovery than the rest of the country and so that has to help Obama.

Still, it is a sad state of affairs when we have turned into a walk the party lines at all costs country and President downgrade, with his extremely high unemployment numbers, out of control spending, and interventionist foreign policy is even in discussions for being reelected.

VA is back red. No doubt

OH will most likely go back red. And there is a reason that Obama is going to PA every other week. I would no rule out WI or Iowa for GOP. There is no reason to vote for this current President. Hope and Change was a reason, hollow, but a reason. He has nothing positive to offer and it will be surprising to see the country "want" 4 more years of what??????

Thanks for reminding everyone that Obama was elected into a land of fun and sunshine and singlehandedly turned it into a disaster because the President has that kind of power. I think people forget that sometimes.

Thanks for reminding everyone that Obama was elected into a land of fun and sunshine and singlehandedly turned it into a disaster because the President has that kind of power. I think people forget that sometimes.

The country was in the ditch no doubt, thus the success of "hope and change".

He proceeded to have no plan whatsoever, gave up authority for economy to Pelosi and Reid. The three only tried to buy more power by money laundering 900 Billion under the veil of stimulus.

Basically, they took us from the ditch to the cliff with their spending and growing the government. None of this will bode well for that independent voter that was looking for a bit of help but rec'd the incompetent disaster we enjoy today. He has proven he is an empty suit. He can campaign, but that is the end to his bag of tricks. There is nothing there.

That is the only reason a grumpy, hard to get along with, snarky Gingrich is making hay. He is not void of ideas. People are saying, " I don't care how his personality is, as long has he has an idea of how to get us out of this mess." Obama is an actor portraying a president.