Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catalyst

2012 Election Thread

89 posts in this topic

I can agree with all of that. The fact is you don't fight two wars AND cut taxes at the same time but that's exactly what happened - but when the obvious results came to roost, it was Obamas problem.

It is obamas problem. He was elected to fix it.

Did Rick Perry just say he would've invaded Iran to retrieve the predator drone??

I can agree with all of that. The fact is you don't fight two wars AND cut taxes at the same time but that's exactly what happened - but when the obvious results came to roost, it was Obamas problem.

Is it ok to continue fighting one war, start another one, and cut taxes at the same time?

a termite at Versailles.

that seems kinda fitting haha

You can tell he wants to do things...but he can't do anything b/c he can't work DC well enough...he's just a dud that posed as a stud in the eyes of the public. He had to either create a commanding or workable atmosphere in DC to do anything and did neither.

He created a commanding enough atmosphere to get health care reform done. He managed to end to war in Iran and is ending the was in Afganistan. It's impossible to create a workable atmosphere when you are somehow a Kenyan born Marxist Fascist who Hates America -who on the Republican side could be seen compromising with such an evil Hitler like person? I don't understand how any of you could think that such a thing was possible after he was elected? The record is pretty clear that the Dems have been a lot more willing to work together on a lot of things but the Republicans have only one goal, getting Obama out, which has put every idea designed to help the nation out on the back burner. I've already posted up the surveys that show the American people know that the Republicans are the ones putting their own interests ahead of the nations but you are just going to believe what you want anyways.

Obama may indeed lose the election based on the economy, but the same thing happened to Bush Sr - he was a decent president and didn't do anything to lose the election, he just came to the end of his term at the bottom of a recession. Ford suffered the same fate as well as Carter. It happens.

I know it's a broken record, but we are actually on the mend, not really because of anything Obama has or hasn't done, but the cycle is coming around - certainly the tough and unpopular decisions of Bush and Obama have both contributed to keeping us from sinking deeper than we could have.

can someone explain why Herman Cain was run out of the primaries for cheating on his wife, and now Newt is the frontrunner after openly cheating on and divorcing 3 wives?

can someone explain why Herman Cain was run out of the primaries for cheating on his wife, and now Newt is the frontrunner after openly cheating on and divorcing 3 wives?

I don't think you want an explanation. But I think it is closer to:

One wife asked him for divorce

He cheated on one wife

Still married to the third.

Not at all glowing, but not exactly what you listed either

Timing.

Newt's foibles are well known, but if someone new comes out next month and says Newt had an affair with me recently, he will be as damaged by it as Cain was.

Also, it wasn't just the affairs that hurt Cain, the total screwup on the Libyan question didn't help him at all.

We all know it was because Cain was just the token black guy in the Republican party and the Repugs were just waiting for the opportunity to tell Cain "nice try."