90 replies to this topic

#31 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,879 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

I am very surprised that Newt is that high. He has been savaged for 20 years. For him to only need VA, NV, and OH or Penn, is pretty interesting. Dont forget Wisconsin

#32 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

I am very surprised that Newt is that high. He has been savaged for 20 years. For him to only need VA, NV, and OH or Penn, is pretty interesting. Dont forget Wisconsin

Wisconsin will stay blue. Remember, it is blame the incumbent and the incumbent governor in Wisconsin has certainly made a lot of headlines.

#33 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

I'd be pretty surprised if Obama doesn't win Wisconsin simply because the unions will go absolutely all-out for him there after the Scott Walker/labor rights mess there.

#34 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

If FLA is a swing state (I think it safely swings red this time around), then it is crucial that the nominee convinces Rubio to be his VP.

#35 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,879 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

The map turns very red with Rubio on ticket. Latino support already in 50's for Obama down from 80% in 2008

#36 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,907 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

With looming economic doom over the horizon, i sincerely doubt that Obama will win the next election, unless Americans really are that plain ignorant. You think Obama's and congress' ratings are low now, wait till the dollar tanks...that'll be the official nail in the coffin for them, which works in Ron Paul's favor being he is the only candidate that doesn't subscribe to the fascist status-quo. I still think there's a good chance Obama won't run for re-election next year. In the political world, Obama has an eternity till the next election...considering this and current on-going developments he faces, i.e. escalating wars and the domination of the middle east with sights now on Iran; economic turmoil that will make the 2008 crash look whimpy in comparison; heightening of fascist police state in correspondence with rising protests...let's just say A LOT can, and probably will happen between now and then, which will hopefully help Americans to see the world and its systems in a different light.

Ron Paul in my opinion has the best chance to win because he is the only person who stands out from the rest. Obama, Gingrich, Romney, Perry, etc are literally all clones of eachother. When sh*t hits the fan I would like to think that people will no longer continue to look towards these establishment puppets who have been enabling this mess from the start.

#37 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,907 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

In a head to head matchup with Obama, most polls show that Romney is fairly close, with any other republican candidate anywhere from 7-15 points behind. Paul has a solid loyal base of support, but his appeal to moderates is nearly non existent.

I don't know why Ron Paul's appeal to moderates is nearly non-existant as you describe. I would consider an "extreme" president/politician to partake in reckless behavoir such as spending trillions of dollars to bail out banks; dropping bombs on, and exploiting the resources of middle eastern countries for global corporate control and Anglo-American dominance; having a private company controlling the country's monetary system, while lending out trillions to foreign banks during a recession and having to show no accountability; the continuation of torture and other inhumane tactics; illegal smuggling of weapons to other countries who then use them in return to kill Americans with; the hieghtening of the American police state and their targeting of American citizens under the guise of "domestic terrorism;" etc. Unless extreme is the new moderate and vice-versa, I don't find anything moderate whatsoever about the Bush/Obama administrations, and somehow they both found their way in office.

I think people these days must be confusing the definitions of moderate and extreme with eachother if they think Paul won't appeal to "moderates."

#38 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

I hate to be the debbie downer, but it doesn't make a difference who wins. The last real president of the people got his head blew off riding down the street for trying to do his job. If you think anybody is brave enough to go that route"(no pun intended) again you're crazy. I'd like to think Ron Paul is different. It's hard for me to trust anyone knowing how fugged up this poo really is.

Edited by ncmonzta, 07 December 2011 - 01:59 PM.

#39 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

With looming economic doom over the horizon, i sincerely doubt that Obama will win the next election, unless Americans really are that plain ignorant. You think Obama's and congress' ratings are low now, wait till the dollar tanks...that'll be the official nail in the coffin for them, which works in Ron Paul's favor being he is the only candidate that doesn't subscribe to the fascist status-quo. I still think there's a good chance Obama won't run for re-election next year. In the political world, Obama has an eternity till the next election...considering this and current on-going developments he faces, i.e. escalating wars and the domination of the middle east with sights now on Iran; economic turmoil that will make the 2008 crash look whimpy in comparison; heightening of fascist police state in correspondence with rising protests...let's just say A LOT can, and probably will happen between now and then, which will hopefully help Americans to see the world and its systems in a different light.

Ron Paul in my opinion has the best chance to win because he is the only person who stands out from the rest. Obama, Gingrich, Romney, Perry, etc are literally all clones of eachother. When sh*t hits the fan I would like to think that people will no longer continue to look towards these establishment puppets who have been enabling this mess from the start.

You are giving Americans way too much credit.

#40 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,322 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

what wars are escalating exactly? Other than ones we are not involved in perhaps....

Nice to see venom and pantherfan49 are on the same page with this, sounds like Obama has a better chance of winning than I thought given their combined track record on, well, everything.

Other than making the name "Obama" sound funny that is.

#41 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,907 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

I hate to be the debbie downer, but it doesn't make a difference who wins. The last real president of the people got his head blew off riding down the street for trying to do his job. If you think anybody is brave enough to go that route"(no pun intended) again you're crazy. I'd like to think Ron Paul is different. It's hard for me to trust anyone knowing how fugged up this poo really is.

I fear that about Ron Paul as well. This is why it's imparative the system be exposed, otherwise the cabal will continue to run the show behind the scenes as the public figure heads in office rotate in and out.

#42 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

I still think if more people knew who Huntsman was he would have the best chance at not only the Republican nomination, but the general election.

#43 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

I still think if more people knew who Huntsman was he would have the best chance at not only the Republican nomination, but the general election.

Huntsman cannot win because of his ties to Obama. The 2012 election is going to be about being anything but Obama (kindof how Obama made 2008 about not being Bush, even though Bush wasn't running).

#44 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,907 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

what wars are escalating exactly? Other than ones we are not involved in perhaps....

Nice to see venom and pantherfan49 are on the same page with this, sounds like Obama has a better chance of winning than I thought given their combined track record on, well, everything.

Other than making the name "Obama" sound funny that is.

You cant really take any of the ignorant crap you spout off on here seriously, can you? But you know what...you're right. I guess it would be unfair of me to call them escalating wars, being that a "war" implies both sides have an equal opportunity to come out on top. I suppose it would be more accurate to describe the situation instead as our escalating domination and straight up takeover of the middle east and its resources, one nation at a time...with the end game being Iran on their "Path to Persia," as some put it.

Do you honestly think the reality of our military efforts over there have been in the name of ridding the world/region of western terrorist threats? Please say no.

#45 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

Huntsman cannot win because of his ties to Obama. The 2012 election is going to be about being anything but Obama (kindof how Obama made 2008 about not being Bush, even though Bush wasn't running).

You mean acting as an ambassador to China under Obama?

I don't follow politics nearly as much as you guys do, but I would see being an ambassador to one of the leading powers in the world as a plus. I know that most people only go by superficial rhetoric when voting, but if you got past that and look at track records he is the best the Republican party has in my opinion. I guess I can see how accepting anything from Obama can be a death sentence though in the Republican party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com