Photo
- - - - -

2012 Election Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#25 Catalyst

Catalyst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

He'd scare a lot of moderates into voting for Obama I suppose. He's viewed as the most fringe candidate of all.

#26 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

One month is a lifetime in politics. One year is beyond comprehension.

Obama lowest incumbent ratings on record. Doubt he beats anyone easily

#27 Catalyst

Catalyst

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:34 AM

True. It should be close regardless.

#28 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:43 AM

I could see Obunga winning the electorate but not the popular.

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

I could see Obunga winning the electorate but not the popular.

I could see just the opposite happening. Obama will win big in places like California and New York. But as usual, florida and ohio will be really close.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

How do they get that Paul would be destroyed? I personally think he's the only one who would stand a decent chance.

In a head to head matchup with Obama, most polls show that Romney is fairly close, with any other republican candidate anywhere from 7-15 points behind. Paul has a solid loyal base of support, but his appeal to moderates is nearly non existent.

#31 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

I am very surprised that Newt is that high. He has been savaged for 20 years. For him to only need VA, NV, and OH or Penn, is pretty interesting. Dont forget Wisconsin

#32 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

I am very surprised that Newt is that high. He has been savaged for 20 years. For him to only need VA, NV, and OH or Penn, is pretty interesting. Dont forget Wisconsin

Wisconsin will stay blue. Remember, it is blame the incumbent and the incumbent governor in Wisconsin has certainly made a lot of headlines.

#33 Catalyst

Catalyst

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

I'd be pretty surprised if Obama doesn't win Wisconsin simply because the unions will go absolutely all-out for him there after the Scott Walker/labor rights mess there.

#34 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

If FLA is a swing state (I think it safely swings red this time around), then it is crucial that the nominee convinces Rubio to be his VP.

#35 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

The map turns very red with Rubio on ticket. Latino support already in 50's for Obama down from 80% in 2008

#36 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

With looming economic doom over the horizon, i sincerely doubt that Obama will win the next election, unless Americans really are that plain ignorant. You think Obama's and congress' ratings are low now, wait till the dollar tanks...that'll be the official nail in the coffin for them, which works in Ron Paul's favor being he is the only candidate that doesn't subscribe to the fascist status-quo. I still think there's a good chance Obama won't run for re-election next year. In the political world, Obama has an eternity till the next election...considering this and current on-going developments he faces, i.e. escalating wars and the domination of the middle east with sights now on Iran; economic turmoil that will make the 2008 crash look whimpy in comparison; heightening of fascist police state in correspondence with rising protests...let's just say A LOT can, and probably will happen between now and then, which will hopefully help Americans to see the world and its systems in a different light.

Ron Paul in my opinion has the best chance to win because he is the only person who stands out from the rest. Obama, Gingrich, Romney, Perry, etc are literally all clones of eachother. When sh*t hits the fan I would like to think that people will no longer continue to look towards these establishment puppets who have been enabling this mess from the start.