Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where can I buy cheap CD's?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone in here remember music CD's? I hear that within the next couple years, they will begin to go the way of the dinosaur, and pass the baton to the new format... digital! (hasn't that alreay happened?).

Anyways, long story short, I'm looking for stores that sell LOTS of used CD's for cheap. I checked our local goodwill, and they still want $3 for that Green Day / REM / Stone Temple Pilots CD that came out in 1997 :(

I know that there "used" be mom and pop music shops that had awesome prices and selections, but they dont seem to stay around too long anymore.

Posted

Bit torrents and a CD burner. Only have to pay for the blank CDs.

Posted

My work truck still has a tape player.

and yes i sometimes pop in an old tape.

Posted

I buy a lot of books on half.com ...they have music there too..so I'd assume they'd have good prices

Posted

Anyone in here remember music CD's? I hear that within the next couple years, they will begin to go the way of the dinosaur, and pass the baton to the new format... digital! (hasn't that alreay happened?).

Anyways, long story short, I'm looking for stores that sell LOTS of used CD's for cheap. I checked our local goodwill, and they still want $3 for that Green Day / REM / Stone Temple Pilots CD that came out in 1997 :(

I know that there "used" be mom and pop music shops that had awesome prices and selections, but they dont seem to stay around too long anymore.

$3 dollars? Thats outrageous.

Posted

Check out Disk Warehouse, I think that's what it's called. (Could be CD warehouse.) It's on King's Drive in Charlotte. It's near Biggs Camera.

They have used CD's are real particular on the condition before they buy them.

I have a bunch, in my closet, I'll give you if you want. (If you don't mind older alternative music and Clapton.)

Posted

I want to buy every Tool cd before they vanish from earth. I had them all over the years but my boys use them as frisbees.

Posted

$3 is too much?

Posted

Woody's music in Rock Hill

Posted

I'd pay $3 for a box set, but for 1 disk? WTF?

Posted

I know what you mean but a cd is digital. No doubt the number of discs sold will decline but new music will still be released in cd format for a long, long time.