Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Record watch: Cam Newton

59 posts in this topic

Posted

If i'm not mistaken, didn't Vick rush for over 1,000 yards one year in Atlanta?

I may be totally wrong about that, but I thought he and Warrick dunn did it one year.

They did in 2006. Vicks rookie season he had 29 rushes for 289 (9.9 ypc) yards and 1 TD.

Posted

Let's not forget about the rookie QB getting a Recieving TD to add to all of these other great stats. It will happen!

Posted

Is that before or after we get 10 wins?

1 person likes this

Posted

I doubt you will see another reception this year. They blew their wad on that play. The next trick play will be something totally different.

I don't think it's completely out of the question. Chud's run the wildcat with Cam split out...I'm sure they might use that to set up a pass to Cam eventually...Auburn did the exact same thing.

Posted

Why is no one here talking about Cam Newton being on the verge of becoming THE FIRST PLAYER EVER IN NFL HISTORY to throw for over 4,000 yards & rush for over 500?

All he needs is 703 more passing yards in 4 games to accomplish something no one else, ROOKIE OR VET, has ever done.

Posted

Is that before or after we get 10 wins?

Should be well b4 you're allowed to burn any of your few precious brain cells by buying alcohol.

Posted

A Truly Amazing Season for Young Mr Newton, a record already in Canton, and the Historical Football that Mrs Newton gave back. He was giving out food today to the less fortunate. We will have to build a new wing for all the records Cam will own in a few years.

Lets hope he stays healthy and likes us as much as we like him!

Posted

My alcohol fueled thread from last week non-withstanding, if Cam can make it past the 18 rushing TD record, he'll not only own the rookie record, but he'll beat out that Sanders guy for most rushing TD's in a single season by any guy who half-way played QB ever in pro football, not just post merger.

It'd be pretty cool, if not obnoxiously obscure.

Posted

i think he should have the most tds in a season for a rookie too.

truly the greatest rookie season ever only to questioned by stupid losses.

if only he had the defense and some offseason time, he would be the greatest undisputed rookie of all times...........

Posted

Why is no one here talking about Cam Newton being on the verge of becoming THE FIRST PLAYER EVER IN NFL HISTORY to throw for over 4,000 yards & rush for over 500?

All he needs is 703 more passing yards in 4 games to accomplish something no one else, ROOKIE OR VET, has ever done.

I guess your blind?

Posted

:cam::cam::cam:

Posted

Should be well b4 you're allowed to burn any of your few precious brain cells by buying alcohol.

One of my brain cells is worth more than all of yours. Don't drink btw