DTs Terrell McClain and Sione Fua on injured reserve

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

I think Fua and Mclains injuries fall back on Hurney and Rivera for not having an adequate rotation for those guys. They played nearly ever snap on defense.

I see them really showing up next year though. Someone brought up the point that they've never had a full NFL off season of conditioning. They have no where to go but to get better and bigger.

#62 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

Neblitt and Kearse will start, they will move guys like Johnson and Hardy inside on pass plays and we will look like we did last week against Tampa. No big deal really. We will bring in a few guys and see how they do. I said a few weeks ago that we would shuffling folks and bringing some in to see what they have. This is all part of the plan.

#63 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,439 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

I think our defense is Kearsed.

badum-bump :D

#64 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

Neblitt and Kearse will start, they will move guys like Johnson and Hardy inside on pass plays and we will look like we did last week against Tampa. No big deal really. We will bring in a few guys and see how they do. I said a few weeks ago that we would shuffling folks and bringing some in to see what they have. This is all part of the plan.

Sounds reasonable....If it takes 2-3 weeks before either would be ready to suit up, why risk further injury at this point to have either of them play in one game.

#65 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,754 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

We're better off?

Lay down that crack pipe.

A position we were thin in, is worse now.
The guys stepping up may play as well, but it will affect our rotation, and the guys won't get subbed as often.

Oh well.

#66 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Talent level wont necessarily drop but I would've like to seen both continue to get reps for the remainder of the season.

#67 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

I think Fua and Mclains injuries fall back on Hurney and Rivera for not having an adequate rotation for those guys. They played nearly ever snap on defense.

Not sure if serious.

I am sure he is serious, and he is 100% correct.

This same point was made repeatedly before the season started when it was clear we weren't going to replace Edwards. Going into the season with two rookies and one near-rookie as your DT roster was irresponsible in my opinion.

#68 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

We will need to sign a couple of scrub DTs to rotate in.. looks like we won't win another game this season.

#69 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

We're better off?

Lay down that crack pipe.

A position we were thin in, is worse now.
The guys stepping up may play as well, but it will affect our rotation, and the guys won't get subbed as often.

Oh well.

you do realize they weren't starting b/c that was the best Carolina could do? right? Like Cam...they were thrown to the fire to see if they would be worth keeping around.

Yes, depth hurts. Against the Bucs.....McClain played 16 snaps. Fua 0. How did the run D look against the power RB Blount?

You think we will be worse on Sunday without them starting? A vet off the street wanting a paycheck and to compete would be better in a rotation right now than either.

#70 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,850 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

I've actually seen some growth with McClain, hate to see him go down now.

The good news is they can both start working on adding upper body strength and hand techniques, but news is they need to work on their base.

Maybe we'll sign some more young guys and find a gem, at the rate we're going we're bound to into someone worth a damn.

#71 PackPanther

PackPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

Ok lets take a chill pill for a second here. Everyone wants to talk about how great the run defense was with these new guys in there. When in reality we got up early which forced them to pass. Furthermore, quite of few of their runs were sweeps which dont affect the tackles and those were blown up by CJ or Hardy causing for big loses which messed up Blounts numbers. While the run d did much better than past weeks, idk how much it had to do with our tackles

#72 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

Rivera had said that those 2 had hit the wall. Sounds like the wall hit back.

#73 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,131 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

luckily we have a ton of depth at the linebacker position to make up for any

uh

o wait.

#74 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

How do you get a "significant" hamstring injury DURING warmups?

#75 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,539 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

How do you get a "significant" hamstring injury DURING warmups?

Fat + 80 degrees + 6'0" + biscuits for breakfast + California native + high humidity = hamstring injury

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com