#2 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,722 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

So on one side we have every talking head including a slew or former players who all say Newton is fantastic and way better than anyone thought. On the other side we have a few Panther trolls (you know who they are) who are always taking shots at him and downplaying his accomplishments and the offense in general.

Who seems more credible?????? HMMM......................

I know who I believe. Funny how with each passing week and every mark he eclipses, the few haters who are left become even more disenfranchised and are fringe elements with no real support.

#3 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

the amount of attention and energy spent on "haters" and "homers" on this and other sports forums really makes my head hurt sometimes.

#4 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

I love how Howie and Jimmy take turns riffing on Terry Bradshaw's unwillingness to recognize Cam's accomplishments.

#5 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

I was in favor of drafting Cam, and I didn't think much of his off the field problems either. I was one of the few here who thought that Cam would be an absolute terror for opposing NFL defenses as far as his scrambling ability was concerned. And I gave his passing ability extremely high ratings when I evaluted him before the draft.

What bothered me was all the Auburn fans who jumped on board after the draft and seemed to me to be overestimating Cam's ability. It turns out the Auburn fans were right, Cam is the most talented player we've ever had, and the greatest thing to ever happen to this organization.

#6 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,314 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

Nice work Howie!

#7 Pepperz

Pepperz

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

Bo Jackson knew about all this way before any one of us. He spoke of his greatness like hes the next coming of Jesus.

#8 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

Bo knows.

#9 Herb

Herb

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

Seriously, is this real life?

I can't believe Cam is on our team. I mean a player this good - going to be one of the best in the NFL for years - on OUR team!!! WTF!!!

So awesome. Such an exciting time to be a Panthers fan.

For a long time there it felt like we would never have a franchise QB, let alone a superstar who redefines the position and is an awesome guy to boot.

#10 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

Bo Jackson knew about all this way before any one of us. He spoke of his greatness like hes the next coming of Jesus.

That's a good point. I thought Mr Jackson was high when I heard that interview. He was talking about Newton being one of the top two baddest (as in most feared) players in the NFL before he'd played a down. With the speed of Vick and the arm of Marino (I think).

Clearly the old saying is true: "Bo knows".

#11 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:01 AM

It really is troubling that we finally have a player with authentic star power at the most important position for football and there are people on here, our own fans, who do nothing except bash this kid.

I swear some of these people could have Aaron Rodgers and still find something to
complain about.

#12 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:17 AM

hey guys, here's someone you heard of talking about something you're interested in without saying anything new with as little production effort on our part as possible PRESENTED BY ALLSTATE

#13 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

Cam is the most exciting player that ever came to Charlotte. The NFC South will be his for the taking. This is a thrill for this PLS owner. I am looking forward to the day when our defense comes back to work. I tell you, next season is going to be a lot of fun, as long as we keep the two headed monster running. Cam seems to be a great goodhearted young man that loves to play football. He will have lots of fun. (No dooky, when we were kids,we actually used to play football for fun.) Winning is fun. Call me a hater, when I critisize mistakes of any player if you want. I am a Panther fan, fully supporting the organization, PSLs and all. They are my team. But if a player screws up, any player, I will call it as I see it. (A mod gave me all this red because he dissagreed with that. That is wrong, but it really does not hurt at all.) I am thrilled to be looking forward to finnally having a winning team. Cam is a great big chunk of that.

#14 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,164 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

Preach on Howie! a-men.

#15 dpm0409

dpm0409

Mojo So Dope

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

Cam is the most exciting player that ever came to Charlotte. The NFC South will be his for the taking. This is a thrill for this PLS owner. I am looking forward to the day when our defense comes back to work. I tell you, next season is going to be a lot of fun, as long as we keep the THREE headed monster running. Cam seems to be a great goodhearted young man that loves to play football. He will have lots of fun. (No dooky, when we were kids,we actually used to play football for fun.) Winning is fun. Call me a hater, when I critisize mistakes of any player if you want. I am a Panther fan, fully supporting the organization, PSLs and all. They are my team. But if a player screws up, any player, I will call it as I see it. (A mod gave me all this red because he dissagreed with that. That is wrong, but it really does not hurt at all.) I am thrilled to be looking forward to finnally having a winning team. Cam is a great big chunk of that.

There fixed one thing for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com