• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

This guy is a beast. Probably a mid 1st round prospect. He was a top recruit coming out of high school and has played very good throughout his years at Notre Dame.

What do you guys think about taking him if we have a mid 1st or trade back in the 1st. I know we have Beason but adding another stud LB could put this defense over the top if everyone is healthy.

Te'o is an ILB though, so Beason would probably be the one to move outside again. I know a lot of people dont want to hear that but it could be better for our defense, maybe not the player.
Also if we do start playing more 3-4 defense, we will have Beason and Te'o as our ILB in that set.

Connor is a FA after the season. He could be gone.

Just an idea, its very early in the process but just wanted to get others opinions.

#2 Woodie

Woodie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:17 AM

This guy is a beast. Probably a mid 1st round prospect. He was a top recruit coming out of high school and has played very good throughout his years at Notre Dame.

What do you guys think about taking him if we have a mid 1st or trade back in the 1st. I know we have Beason but adding another stud LB could put this defense over the top if everyone is healthy.

Te'o is an ILB though, so Beason would probably be the one to move outside again. I know a lot of people dont want to hear that but it could be better for our defense, maybe not the player.
Also if we do start playing more 3-4 defense, we will have Beason and Te'o as our ILB in that set.

Connor is a FA after the season. He could be gone.

Just an idea, its very early in the process but just wanted to get others opinions.

This is why he probably won't be a Panther next year.

While he is a nice player, we need an OLB, not someone that forces us to move Beason. While Beason can play OLB, he's far better at MLB, so unless Te'o can play outside (I haven't seen enough of him to say one way or the other) I don't think he will be a guy we target. And while the idea of him and Beason in the middle of a 3-4 might work, Rivera has come out and stated we are not switching to a 3-4, we're just going to use some looks on occasion.

#3 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

If we draft behind the Eagles then he will never make it to us

#4 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:45 AM

Reported tonight on sportcenter he is returning to school.

http://espn.go.com/c...n-senior-season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.