Photo
- - - - -

To all those who went to UNC...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#16 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

I'd also give a pass to fans that are actually from Chapel Hill.

#17 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

lol I'm doing my undergrad at UNCC and I've seen so many people here wearing UNC shirts today. Motha fukka, they REJECTED your ass. That's why you're here. That's like getting a tattoo of the name of your ex who cheated on you with a better-looking guy. SHE REJECTED YOU TOO.

#18 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

lol I'm doing my undergrad at UNCC and I've seen so many people here wearing UNC shirts today. Motha fukka, they REJECTED your ass. That's why you're here. That's like getting a tattoo of the name of your ex who cheated on you with a better-looking guy. SHE REJECTED YOU TOO.

The funny thing is that all of those shirts will be gone for football season. But thats how non-graduates roll...they latch on to the national success and jump off the bandwagon as soon as it isn't where they want it to be. One of the perks of not actually going to school there...

I'd also give a pass to fans that are actually from Chapel Hill.

Agreed..growing up/living in a city gives you a right to root for a team. Growing up in NC however does not because there are 4 ACC teams from this state to root for and those that chose UNC without an aforementioned affiliation did so because of prestige..

#19 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

As if going to the school has any effect on whether the team wins or not. LOL

#20 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:15 PM

Not necessarily - there are those who have absolutely no desire whatsoever to attend UNC-Chapel Hill or NC State for that matter. Some got offers and even got scholarships and chose someplace else anyway.

#21 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:17 PM

The funny thing is that all of those shirts will be gone for football season. But thats how non-graduates roll...they latch on to the national success and jump off the bandwagon as soon as it isn't where they want it to be. One of the perks of not actually going to school there.....

Those shirts will undoubtedly be replaced during football season by either Southern Cal, one of the Florida schools, or Ohio State shirts.

Agreed..growing up/living in a city gives you a right to root for a team. Growing up in NC however does not because there are 4 ACC teams from this state to root for and those that chose UNC without an aforementioned affiliation did so because of prestige..

Truth.

#22 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,696 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:21 PM

The funny thing is that all of those shirts will be gone for football season. But thats how non-graduates roll...they latch on to the national success and jump off the bandwagon as soon as it isn't where they want it to be. One of the perks of not actually going to school there...

Have to disagree with your last statement. If you live in NC or from NC you have the right to root for UNC. Now if you are not from NC or went to UNC you have no claim to root for them. If you moved from somewhere else you shouldnt root for them.

#23 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:30 PM

Not necessarily - there are those who have absolutely no desire whatsoever to attend UNC-Chapel Hill or NC State for that matter. Some got offers and even got scholarships and chose someplace else anyway.

Then there are those (me) who were making more money right out of high school than the degree they wanted would have made them anyway, so there was no need to go in dept to pay for college.

Anybody that don't like me being a Tar Heel fan might as well just get the hell over it.:D

#24 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,101 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:33 PM

Have to disagree with your last statement. If you live in NC or from NC you have the right to root for UNC. Now if you are not from NC or went to UNC you have no claim to root for them. If you moved from somewhere else you shouldnt root for them.

Anybody can pull for whoever they want.

But when you start talking smack on behalf of "your" team, refer to them as "we", etc, and you never even attended the school, that's the line IMO.

#25 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,696 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

But when you start talking smack on behalf of "your" team, refer to them as "we", etc, and you never even attended the school, that's the line IMO.

IF you are a Duke or Wake fan maybe, but if your a UNC or state fan you have the right As your taxes go to those schools.

#26 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

So what are you gonna do about it? Not offer a congratulations?:rolleyes:

#27 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,101 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

IF you are a Duke or Wake fan maybe, but if your a UNC or state fan you have the right As your taxes go to those schools.

If I'm not mistaken, collegiate athletics are usually funded by tuition and boosters.

#28 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,101 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

So what are you gonna do about it? Not offer a congratulations?:rolleyes:

I will think you're a dumbass and then move on with my life. ;)

Edited by Jase, 07 April 2009 - 12:51 PM.

#29 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

Thats awesome that you turned down UNC, NCSU, Wake, Duke, whoever else to go to a different school but as soon as you turn them down...don't root for them anymore because you obviously didn't want to be associated with that university in the first place.

Its not about just rooting for a team its about being a part of something and the people that chose not to be a part of UNC Chapel Hill (myself included) shouldn't root for them. It really is no better to walk around UNCC, UNCW, UNCA, ECU etc with a Tar heel shirt on than it is to walk around UC Santa Barbara with a Tar heel shirt on...you are no more a part of UNC than the UC Santa Barbara student..

#30 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,696 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

If I'm not mistaken, collegiate athletics are usually funded by tuition and boosters.

But state colleges get state money.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com