Photo
- - - - -

To all those who went to UNC...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#25 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

Anybody can pull for whoever they want.

But when you start talking smack on behalf of "your" team, refer to them as "we", etc, and you never even attended the school, that's the line IMO.

IF you are a Duke or Wake fan maybe, but if your a UNC or state fan you have the right As your taxes go to those schools.

#26 monstercat

monstercat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

Anybody can pull for whoever they want.

But when you start talking smack on behalf of "your" team, refer to them as "we", etc, and you never even attended the school, that's the line IMO.

So what are you gonna do about it? Not offer a congratulations?:rolleyes:

#27 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

Administrators

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

IF you are a Duke or Wake fan maybe, but if your a UNC or state fan you have the right As your taxes go to those schools.

If I'm not mistaken, collegiate athletics are usually funded by tuition and boosters.

#28 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

Administrators

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

So what are you gonna do about it? Not offer a congratulations?:rolleyes:

I will think you're a dumbass and then move on with my life. ;)

Edited by Jase, 07 April 2009 - 12:51 PM.

#29 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

Not necessarily - there are those who have absolutely no desire whatsoever to attend UNC-Chapel Hill or NC State for that matter. Some got offers and even got scholarships and chose someplace else anyway.

Thats awesome that you turned down UNC, NCSU, Wake, Duke, whoever else to go to a different school but as soon as you turn them down...don't root for them anymore because you obviously didn't want to be associated with that university in the first place.

Its not about just rooting for a team its about being a part of something and the people that chose not to be a part of UNC Chapel Hill (myself included) shouldn't root for them. It really is no better to walk around UNCC, UNCW, UNCA, ECU etc with a Tar heel shirt on than it is to walk around UC Santa Barbara with a Tar heel shirt on...you are no more a part of UNC than the UC Santa Barbara student..

#30 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

If I'm not mistaken, collegiate athletics are usually funded by tuition and boosters.

But state colleges get state money.

#31 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

Administrators

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:55 PM

Yeah. For education. I'm pretty sure none of my tax money went to Hansbrough's scholarship.

#32 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:56 PM

I wiill think you're a dumbass and then move on with my life. ;)

Well, you can think anything you want, but I'm still gonna talk smack about my team and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.;)

#33 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

Yeah. For education. I'm pretty sure none of my tax money went to Hansbrough's scholarship.

Yeah, but the school wouldn't exist in the first place without our tax money.

#34 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

I know for dizamn sure that none of the money that is in Roy's pocket is taxpayer money unless you are counting the tax payers of the Rams Club. Bringing up the right to root for something because you pay taxes is a moot point IMO anyways..if you feel that strongly about it then make an ACTUAL donation to the Rams Club that you know will go directly to the athletic department. Your tax dollars go to North Carolina Central, UNCW, UNCA, and ECU too but I don't see anyone bragging about the UNCW swim team on here.

The bottom line is that unless you went to a certain school, you picked a school that you liked because of how good they are/were, not because you are affiliated with them. That makes you bandwagon...

Edited by unicar15, 07 April 2009 - 01:03 PM.

#35 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

Administrators

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

Well, you can think anything you want, but I'm still gonna talk smack about my team and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.;)

Good for you. I'm going to think you're a dumbass, avoid taking you seriously at all costs, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. :smilewinkgrin:

#36 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:06 PM

Not necessarily - there are those who have absolutely no desire whatsoever to attend UNC-Chapel Hill or NC State for that matter. Some got offers and even got scholarships and chose someplace else anyway.

The vast majority of people here who care enough about UNC to wear their paraphernalia are UNC rejects. Sorry, but it's true.