#1 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

I know we lost in horrible fashion, but kudos to Smitty reaching 10,000 today. Not too bad for an undersized punt returner who had no business playing WR in the NFL.

Edited by jayflip, 11 December 2011 - 04:43 PM.

#2 Swedish Butt-Whistle

Swedish Butt-Whistle

Newtonian Physics

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

Smith Owns, Panthers own, Cheers to the future.

#3 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

only bright spot for today. SMitty rules

#4 JungleCat

JungleCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

:iagree: Congrats to Smitty.

#5 mc52beast

mc52beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

Would 89 give up this milestone for another trip to the SB? Ill go out on a limb and say yes.

#6 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,700 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

And he passed Eric Moulds and Shannon Sharpe to move to 34 all time! Has a realistic shot to be top 5 of all time in yardage if he can stay consistent the next 4 years.

#7 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

glad Smitty is getting his, even if we aren't winning much.

#8 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

There were times he was wide open running wild, but Cam didn't see him. But those are rookie mistakes that will hopefully get fixed sooner rather than later. Next year, we will be in the thick of things and we will be a relevant team once again.

I'm glad Smitty is here to stay. And hopefully he can produce like this with Cam for a few more years and cement his unlikely HoF bid in electric blue.

#9 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

I think Cam was too locked in to Smitty early, but he has missed him lately. dunno, hard to strike a good balance.

#10 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

Steve Smith changed defenses in the NFL. His double overtime td against the Rams a couple years ago is still one of my favorite football moments.

#11 Showtime

Showtime

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

Smith rules, but if I know Smith, and I feel the same way, records obtained in a loss are bittersweet and really meh.

Smith wants a ring, not another record. He could have a thousand of these, and they will all keep him below all other receivers much less impressive than him because of our lack of a Super Bowl ring. Only a Super Bowl win, will give Steve Smith justice as far as his placement in the NFL, and he plays almost every damn game like he deserves to be in one.

Shame if this receiver retires without one. I'm sure I'm going to catch a lot of flack, but I don't believe in this team's Super Bowl chances anymore and as a Steve Smith fan, not speaking as a Panthers fan, I hope he asks for a trade before he retires if we don't get our poo together. In the end he has played at a completely different level than most of our team as a whole for most of his career. He deserves to have an elite QB throw him the ball for at least one year of his career and I'd be watching every game he plays in.

The way I see it, he's paid his dues to me as a Panthers fan. No hard feelings if he wants to try and make a name for himself before his career is over. Not like he hasn't given us every ounce of energy. He's been very loyal to the Panthers for the caliber of receiver he is.

Edited by Showtime, 11 December 2011 - 05:28 PM.

#12 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

Smith rules, but if I know Smith, and I feel the same way, records obtained in a loss are bittersweet and really meh.

Smith wants a ring, not another record. He could have a thousand of these, and they will all keep him below all other receivers much less impressive than him because of our lack of a Super Bowl ring. Only a Super Bowl win, will give Steve Smith justice as far as his placement in the NFL, and he plays almost every damn game like he deserves to be in one.

Shame if this receiver retires without one. I'm sure I'm going to catch a lot of flack, but I don't believe in this team's Super Bowl chances anymore and as a Steve Smith fan, not speaking as a Panthers fan, I hope he asks for a trade before he retires if we don't get our poo together. In the end he has played at a completely different level than most of our team as a whole for most of his career. He deserves to have an elite QB throw him the ball for at least one year of his career and I'd be watching every game he plays in.

The way I see it, he's paid his dues to me as a Panthers fan. No hard feelings if he wants to try and make a name for himself before his career is over. Not like he hasn't given us every ounce of energy. He's been very loyal to the Panthers for the caliber of receiver he iws.

GTFO, KThanks

#13 SirSingleSentence

SirSingleSentence

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

10,000 yards ain't too shabby for someone who's "too small to be anything more than a return man."

#14 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

Steve Smith is the truth...

#15 Showtime

Showtime

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

GTFO, KThanks

Selfish fan. Where were most of you when no one was giving Smith any credit earlier in the year and everyone saying it was Newton? He's a man too. And he deserves the opportunity and chance to leave a legacy.

By no means would I stand in the way and not be understanding if he chose to go in that direction. Do I want that? Of course not. I'd much rather he wins a Super Bowl with us. But if I had to pick, and we don't make it anyway the next 3 years, why the fug would any real fan want to have a guy like Smith to waste away his final years and fade out into obscurity? I'd me much happier if he made it with another team, because in my heart he's still going to be a Panther no matter who he plays for or who gets him there from here on out.

If he doesn't win a ring, he will never get the respect his play level deserves in the NFL. He belongs in every discussion with other top elite receivers and he's so overlooked in the media and even by Panthers fans, that most are ready to give credit to a rookie QB than to Steve Smith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.