Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jayflip

Congrats Steve Smith

41 posts in this topic

What exactly are you disagreeing with? You think Smith really does secretly want out?

Showtime is one hard working new troll.

Hmmph, TheOracle hasn't been on, new identity perhaps.

I have no hard feelings if he did that either but I think you are basically creating things to fit your own view point. His most recent interview made it clear that while he didn't like losing he also knew this was a project and that there were long term goals here. He also made it clear that, as he put it, "work came second."

If he left, I wouldn't feel bad for him, but this last interview, combined with those he gave before the season, made it seem like he was much happier here than he was in the past.

af0bc0064f53ad26a6833b5501a18d9b-getty-135510654.jpg

Uhm...correctional officer or KKK serial killer? ;) This image is just funny. Those two guys know what's up though.

I have no hard feelings if he did that either but I think you are basically creating things to fit your own view point. His most recent interview made it clear that while he didn't like losing he also knew this was a project and that there were long term goals here. He also made it clear that, as he put it, "work came second."

If he left, I wouldn't feel bad for him, but this last interview, combined with those he gave before the season, made it seem like he was much happier here than he was in the past.

I'm not creating anything. I'm just saying it's my personal wish to see Steve Smith win a ring, and I'd rather see him win a ring with any team than end his career in Carolina without getting one.

I'm a Panthers fan but guys like Steve Smith, have earned my support as individuals. Above and beyond what other players on this team have. I respect him and support him as a person because of how he's handled his career and personal issues in Carolina and truly support him as a player.

I think he deserves individual success, indifferent of the team simply because he's done everything you would expect a man to do. Smith grew into one hell of a man since he joined the Panthers organization and I look up to him as a person and human being because of how he's grown here.

He's imperfect and has a lot of issues, but the way he's dealt with everything, he's simply done everything you would expect a professional player to do, and handled himself as a man of principles throughout his endeavor with our team.

So it wouldn't make me happy to see him not achieve his potential if it came down to the fact our team's current situation is holding him back because of his age. If he lived forever and could play until he is 50, I wouldn't want him to go anywhere but I understand as a player in the NFL, your time is limited to leave a mark. To see a guy like him put on a show for the entire NFL to see at the highest level, is good for the entire sport.

I think that's fair, but I think you should realize that your list of goals for Steve are yours and not his. At this point in his life we have no idea what his true goals are.

Congratulations to #89. Greatest Panther of all time.

That man needs a statue erected the same day he decides to retire.

The x-clown pose would look quite lovely next to Mills.

Why Smith's a class act. In his post game interview...

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Cam-Newton-Postgame/ef37c7c1-9753-4a15-87a1-e9594b5cb4e1#?id=49145610-9025-4260-a692-8ca093748944

He thanked every single quarterback that threw him a ball. Even Jimmy and Cam. He's grown and matured quite a bit. Congrats Smitty. He's so emotional. Makes me emotional:) *Wipes a tear from eye*

I liked hearing Smitty say he had five years left, lets hope they can get to a superbowl before he's done. Congrats Smitty! 89's in the building!

There were times he was wide open running wild, but Cam didn't see him. But those are rookie mistakes that will hopefully get fixed sooner rather than later. Next year, we will be in the thick of things and we will be a relevant team once again.

I'm glad Smitty is here to stay. And hopefully he can produce like this with Cam for a few more years and cement his unlikely HoF bid in electric blue.

You guys love using this phrase a lot don't you? You really expect Cam to connect with Stevie everytime don't you?

It's a lot easier to play a game of football from your couch than it does actually playing the game...just saying.