Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Admit it, as soon as Rivera shut it down with 1 min left in 1st half...

98 posts in this topic

Posted

...You KNEW that we were going to blow that lead in the second half didn't you?

As soon as we let off the gas yet again when we got up by two scores, I turned to my girlfriend and told her we were going to lose. I've seen this show too many times before.

But as soon as that happened, how many knew the Falcons were DEFINITELY going to come back on us?

3 people like this

Posted

Yep! And Cam knew it too! After defending myself in an earlier thread I had a feeling we'd fug it up somehow

Posted

Yup. Same approach, same outcome.

Posted

I felt it

Posted

That was not the way to manage the last 2 minutes of a half.

Been a problem all year Rivera really needs to address.

Posted

+1

Posted

This was the kind of crap that has made me start to question Rivera.

Posted

wasn't this the 9th game we lost in this fashion? you knew what you knew because of the trend, not because Rivera wanted to save the lead and keep our team fully ahead of our opponents..

Posted

When Rivera called those conservative plays, it was like a slap in the face to the team and the fanbase.

Posted

No, I didn't. However, when we went 3 and out to start the 3rd and our defense surrended a huge drive, I knew we were in trouble.

When Cam then threw a pick, I figured it was the beginning of the end but I hoped that I was just being irrational.

Posted

...You KNEW that we were going to blow that lead in the second half didn't you?

As soon as we let off the gas yet again when we got up by two scores, I turned to my girlfriend and told her we were going to lose. I've seen this show too many times before.

But as soon as that happened, how many knew the Falcons were DEFINITELY going to come back on us?

It wasn't until we went 3 and out at the start of the 2nd half for me.

Posted

No, I didn't. However, when we went 3 and out to start the 3rd and our defense surrended a huge drive, I knew we were in trouble.

When Cam then threw a pick, I figured it was the beginning of the end but I hoped that I was just being irrational.

Every single time we've done this this year, we've lost. It's been 100%. Nothing irrational about it. We were never up big enough against the Jags and Colts for it to be an issue, we kept pouring it on TB at the end of the half, and I'm pretty sure we kept motoring through the Skins too. Rest of the times? Losses for all of them.