Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newt?

171 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly if Paul can make the upset in Iowa (he is gaining major momentum and has the only strong on the ground campaign) that propels him into a NH where he already is in double digits. Gingrich just isn't a strong in-state campaigner. it's really not a reach to think Paul can take this at this point.

Posted

Newt, Obama, Candidate X...doesn't matter. Nothing will change.

Posted

oops

Oh yeah i supported Hillary in the Dem primary because of her foreign policy experience. Obama was smart enough to agree with me after he got the nomination, and she's done a great job.

Reaganomics is in several ways the beginning of what is wrong with our economy today. Deregulation started in earnest, the distance between the rich and poor, and the shrinking of the middle class, started gaining momentum, and he ended up raising taxes 7 of his 8 years in office anyways. He also presided over our real ratcheting up of the debt.

Reagan indeed had way too harsh of an anti-Comminist tone which could have gone pretty badly. We did indeed get lucky that no idiot started something stupid, and as a result, Reagan fans want to pin the end of the USSR on his militaristic speeches and spending binge, when the real catalyst was Afganistan (where we are wisely cutting our losses from in as benign a manner as we can, even as I type).

I think Reagan did a lot of good things, and definitely his speeches and mannerisms helped get us over the pessimism of the 1970s.

Posted

You are correct, still have not forgiven Kanye. On a more serious note, Obama will have trouble with Dems in this coming November. He will still get a majority, but not the huge percent the Dems are used to. Who would have thought Wieners job would have gone to a Repub?

Oh I am sure there are a million good reasons the Dem lost and had nothing to do with Obama. We will hear those shortly

its not like penis pictures entered the equation at any point

Posted

oops

Oh yeah i supported Hillary in the Dem primary because of her foreign policy experience. Obama was smart enough to agree with me after he got the nomination, and she's done a great job.

Reaganomics is in several ways the beginning of what is wrong with our economy today. Deregulation started in earnest, the distance between the rich and poor, and the shrinking of the middle class, started gaining momentum, and he ended up raising taxes 7 of his 8 years in office anyways. He also presided over our real ratcheting up of the debt.

Reagan indeed had way too harsh of an anti-Comminist tone which could have gone pretty badly. We did indeed get lucky that no idiot started something stupid, and as a result, Reagan fans want to pin the end of the USSR on his militaristic speeches and spending binge, when the real catalyst was Afganistan (where we are wisely cutting our losses from in as benign a manner as we can, even as I type).

I think Reagan did a lot of good things, and definitely his speeches and mannerisms helped get us over the pessimism of the 1970s.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Posted

venom always makes me feel better about myself. Just by being him.

Thanks, venom.

Posted

Accidental pie there. Ooops.

Posted

My earliest memory of politics was when I was about 9 years old watching the news and being terrified that Newt Gingrich was going to take me away from my parents and put me in a government orphanage because we were on food stamps at the time.

Posted

My earliest memory of politics was when I was about 9 years old watching the news and being terrified that Newt Gingrich was going to take me away from my parents and put me in a government orphanage because we were on food stamps at the time.

looks like the liberal media accomplished their goals

:D

1 person likes this

Posted

My earliest memory of politics (sort of) was getting mad because the watergate hearings pre-empted all the afternoon shows like Gilligan's Island and the Munsters. I mean did they really have to have the things on all three channels . This was back in the day when there were only 4 channels, and one of those was public television.

Posted

My earliest memory of politics (sort of) was getting mad because the watergate hearings pre-empted all the afternoon shows like Gilligan's Island and the Munsters. I mean did they really have to have the things on all three channels . This was back in the day when there were only 4 channels, and one of those was public television.

Senator Sam (Uncle Sam) Ervin