Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers_Lover

BMW 328i?

58 posts in this topic

Ongoing costs are up there, if you have the expendable cash go for it, but they can be a budget beater.

My friend has a 328i convertible and its a shop queen.

Just get yourself a VW GTi brand new and enjoy the German handling and power with a full warranty.

If you have to have a sedan the Jetta GLI has the German rear suspension and it's pretty plush for the money.

Never, ever buy a BMW without a full warranty.

One of the guys in my carpool has a 2004-5ish 5 series. Guess who never drives because his car is always in the shop? So, I guess there's that. You can pull a fast one over on your carpool...

I have a Subaru WRX with the boxer engine. 115K, never done anything but oil and tires. Love that freakin thing.

I had a 2002 m5 , never had problems andlovedit. Traded it in in 2006.

I knew a mechanic at the dealership I traded it in at. He told me it pretty much blew up 2 weeks later when a sales manager was taking it to lunch.

Consumer reports online account worth getting.

My son bought a used 325i (09). Had it 2 weeks and the battery went out which is OK....I figured about time. It was $300 not installed. I asked why he bought 3 batteries. His had that tailgate package with like 2 huge power inverters in trunk.

For every horror story on here 20 more are happy. Just buy what u want. I love BMW.

1 person likes this

Never saw the point of the 328. If you want the performance got up to the 335, if not, just buy a 1 series. The backseat in the 328 is comically small.

I bought my first truck 3 years ago and now I'll never go back to cars.

My friend has an 09 328i - got it as a Christmas gift. Doesn't get good gas mileage, and is costing him a fortune to maintain. Drives like a beauty though. As many have pointed out... the backseat is a complete and utter joke. Has maybe enough room for a lapdog.

If you're willing to sacrifice practicality and $$ for performance, go for it. If you have any sort of budget, however, I'd say avoid Bimmers and German cars in general. You could get a brand new high-performance American car for the same price as a 4 year-old Bimmer.