Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOTUS plays joke on Obama...fools AP too

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This thread has been G5's most qualified success to date.

My favorite part:

Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen may owe his selection as the next NATO secretary-general to Obama.

Turkey had objected strongly to the Danish leader. That's because Fogh Rasmussen infuriated many Muslims by defending freedom of speech during a 2005 uproar over a Danish newspaper's publication of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

Discussions on the choice of Fogh Rasmussen began over dinner Friday night, but could not overcome Turkey's concerns.

So Obama convened a meeting Saturday morning with himself, Turkish President Abdullah Gul and Fogh Rasmussen that lasted about an hour and significantly delayed the start of the official NATO session, according to retired Marine Corps Gen. James Jones, Obama's national security adviser.

Jones said the meeting broke the deadlock.

All 28 member countries signed off on Fogh Rasmussen as NATO's next leader.

Obama noted the unanimous vote at his news conference.

He thanked Turkey "for raising some concerns having to do with their security issues and their confidence that the new secretary-general would address them," Obama said. "So I congratulate all the parties concerned in arriving at an outstanding outcome."

Obama also expressed his confidence in Fogh Rasmussen, "calling him an outstanding public servant" and "somebody with an extraordinary reputation."

The whole "Muhammad in the cartoon" thing handled in one simple meeting between 3 reasonable people. As an alternative, I guess Obama could have listened to South Caks advice, told them the way it was going to be (i.e. leading), and then watched them both walk away in disgust, and then call it a great day for American balls.

Posted · Report post

This thread has been G5's most qualified success to date.

My favorite part:

The whole "Muhammad in the cartoon" thing handled in one simple meeting between 3 reasonable people. As an alternative, I guess Obama could have listened to South Caks advice, told them the way it was going to be (i.e. leading), and then watched them both walk away in disgust, and then call it a great day for American balls.

It's a victory for Danish cartoonists. Hail Obama!

Posted · Report post

that would be "freedom of speech".

Posted · Report post

that would be "freedom of speech".

Yes, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Hail Obama! Hail Obama! Hail Obama!

We need an Obama smiley. Oh wait...:troll:

Posted · Report post

totus-296x300.jpg

Posted · Report post

You post a link to a WH question and answer session that could not have been "teleprompted" followed by a teleprompt joke.

G5, you impress me more everyday. Where do you work? They must be a cool company to let janitors use computers there....

Posted · Report post

It's a joke cookin...we all know TOTUS runs the country.

Yep I'm a janitor, but I'm banging your girlfriend on the side. She doesn't like the propane thread marks when she's milking your prostate. But if it's the only way she can satisfy you...

Posted · Report post

I can't believe they let G5 use message boards like this in his third-grade classroom. Wonder if his teacher is aware of this....

Posted · Report post

It's a joke cookin...we all know TOTUS runs the country.

Yep I'm a janitor, but I'm banging your girlfriend on the side. She doesn't like the propane thread marks when she's milking your prostate. But if it's the only way she can satisfy you...

I'm quite lucky to have a girl that will go that extra mile for me.

Posted · Report post

I'm quite lucky to have a girl that will go that extra mile for me.

Does she like Copenhagen?

Posted · Report post

I can't believe they let G5 use message boards like this in his third-grade classroom. Wonder if his teacher is aware of this....

UNCC '93

Got your GED yet?

Posted · Report post

They'd let anybody into UNCC back in '93