#1 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

http://rt.com/usa/ne...-detention-745/

“This is a giant step – this should be the biggest news going right now – literally legalizing martial law,” said Paul. The congressman from Texas also appeared flabbergasted that the bill managed to escape discussion in any of the recent GOP debates, despite its provisions being detrimental to the US Constitution and the freedom of every man, woman and child in America.

“This is big,” continued Paul, adding “This step where they can literally arrest American citizens and put them away without trial….is arrogant and bold and dangerous.”

They say the bill could reach Obama's desk as early as tomorrow.

#2 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Yep...how mother f*cking horrendous. Apparently anyone the military rounds up for being a suspected terrorist (which has an extremey broad definition) will be sent to the FEMA camps, who will be staffed by private contractors KBR. I can only hope that it whens come down to it, individuals in the military will refuse to follow orders...that is if this sh*t goes through.

Edited by venom, 13 December 2011 - 10:24 PM.
cant spell

#3 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Obama needs to get the fug out of office before another revolution is upon us. He's gonna cause it.

#4 awdeansr

awdeansr

Anti-Federalists

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

Obama needs to get the fug out of office before another revolution is upon us. He's gonna cause it.

It is not just Obama! Many have willfully traded freedom for a false sense of security. There is a new bogeyman in the news everyday. Fear sells and it controls!

#5 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

It is not just Obama! Many have willfully traded freedom for a false sense of security. There is a new bogeyman in the news everyday. Fear sells and it controls!

indeed. I hate pretty much every liberal.

#6 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

:facepalm:

#7 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

Remember, Blackwater/Xe has changed it's name again.

Despite new ownership, a new board and new management, security contractor Xe Services LLC could never shake a troublesome nickname: the company formerly known as Blackwater.

Now, it's the company formerly known as Xe.

On Monday, Virginia-based Xe plans to unveil a new name - Academi - and new logo. In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Ted Wright, president and chief executive, said the name change aims to signal a strategy shift by one of the U.S. government's biggest providers of training and security services.

Mr. Wright said Academi will try to be more "boring."

Founded by former Navy SEAL Erik Prince, the original Blackwater cultivated a special-operations mystique. But it was tarnished by a string of high-profile incidents, including a deadly 2007 shootout in Iraq that ultimately led to its reorganization and rebranding as Xe Services. Mr. Prince left the business in 2010, selling his stake to investor group USTC Holdings LLC.

Mr. Wright came on board this summer as part of a continuing corporate reorganization. In recent meetings with clients, he said he explained that the new corporate identity was supposed to stress the company's focus on regulatory compliance and contract management, in addition to its track record of protecting clients. "I tell them, from now on, I'm going to be in the background; I'm going to be boring," he said. "You're not going to see me in headlines."

But Mr. Wright may be courting controversy in one area. He said he would like to take Academi's business back to Iraq, and has hired an outside company to help it apply for an operating license there. "I think eventually, we're going to get a license; we're going to do business in Iraq," he said.

http://online.wsj.co...cleTabs=article

Remember fella's, John Ashcroft is this "security" firm's ethics officer.

#8 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,326 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

The most telling thing about this to me? I honestly wasn't shocked when I heard it.

#9 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

Still don't understand why this isn't a bigger story.

#10 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

Still don't understand why this isn't a bigger story.

No kidding, this is only probably one of the biggest political stories to EVER come out in our nation's history. It's a total disgrace this bill was even drafted in the first place.

#11 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Let's see how dd2 spins this as not a big deal.

#12 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

Disgraceful and sickening. How come the libs and thugs aren't on here defending it. Maybe they've realized. Finally.

#13 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

It's a sad sad day for me when i start agreeing with rachel maddow.

#14 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

Word on the streets is this thing is gonna pass. I mean it would only make sense that Obama sign it considering it was his idea in the first place. This is not good at all.

#15 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

Agreed. Best thing to do at this point is hide in your basement.

We'll come get you when they're all gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com