Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers128

Ron Paul furious over indefinite detention act

149 posts in this topic

So in conclusion, if Captain Jimbob makes the assertion that you are a "threat" you can and will be detained, and he does not have to prove poo.

insert hamster running in wheel smiley here

And before you quote this at me again

(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

All that states is that it's not a requirement to detain US citizens, but it doesn't say that they can't. It's basically just left up to their discretion.

if there was ever any question among some of you about this whole left v right bullshit, this should answer it.

a "left" "president" signing into law a bill that allows for americans to be detained without charges.

boom you dumb bitches.

You really do need to come up with a few more creative insults....your overuse of slave and robot is becoming comical.

I'm not trying to be insulting, insulting is not what i do. However i will call out actualities (like CWG's being a slave/robot) when i get frustrated with people's wilfully ignorant and conditioned banter. Like I said...not trying to be an asshole or anything, just pointing out the reality of a situation.

1 person likes this

I go take an exam, and come back to see this...all the good beatdowns happen when I'm gone.

1 person likes this

It passed the senate 86-13 less than an hour ago. Hooray we are safe again.

1 person likes this

">

i mean... i hate to be a stickler but slave and robot aren't really synonyms.

well you can put "sex" in front of them and they both mean something. The first is what Claws wishes he was, and the other one is what he goes home with at night.

And you may not have noticed it, but you had to put in your own words to make it work - you are playing semantics. The word "required" is something you are putting in yourself. While I can certainly see where you are coming from, you are trying to apply an idea that is a bit of a reach.

I think this may have to do more with the situation where we bombed the American guy that was out in Yemen (IIRC) with Al Queida - if its an absolute edict, and we bombed a tent in the desert with an American Al Queida guy in it, or captured them all as a group, then the American guy could post bail and walk and the rest would be put into Gitmo, which might present problems if theres no civilian charges to press.

Like I said before I hate this poo and hope it all goes away someday, but certainly the government is not going to pass something that will limit whats been our most successful and least costly method in lives and money of killing terrorists. You all are a bit moonbatty over this stuff and that's fine, got no problem with that, but I don't see how the military would be able to use this as some excuse to arrest whomever they want - military officers are not robots and they don't work in a vacuum. And I will disagree with the idea that this is somehow way worse than the Patriot Act, which gave a secret court the ability to track anyone with a lot less oversight and was passed as a rubber stamp basically.

THe ACLU will file suit against this law and we will see what happens. Maybe you all should consider voting for Obama again so if we get another Supreme Court pick soon, at least he will appoint a liberal that has a shot at not liking it.

What begs another question, has Ron Paul ever mentioned who he would appoint to the Supreme Court if given a chance? That would be interesting.

I didn't add the word "requirement". It's right there in the title of the section and it's subsequent text. Are you fuging blind or something?