#91 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

Which is what? That you don't have to be a member of Al Qaeda to be detained by this bill?

#92 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

As much as he wants to, he can't.

I almost feel bad for him. Almost.

#93 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

thats all very nice now how about less hand wringing and more actual facts please.

#94 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

You still haven't told me what information you want.

#95 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

OK fine.

Tell me how Captain Jimbob is going to arrest me and hold me indefinitely legally. State how this law would allow said Captain to do so.

#96 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

In order to be detained under this bill a person must meet the any (not all) of the conditions set forth under section 1031 as follows:

(B) Covered Persons- A covered person under this section is any person as follows:
(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

Upon being accused of meeting said conditions it is then REQUIRED that they be detained if they meet the following conditions for REQUIREMENT as stated in section 1032

(2) COVERED PERSONS- The requirement in paragraph (1) shall apply to any person whose detention is authorized under section 1031 who is determined--
(A) to be a member of, or part of, al-Qaeda or an associated force that acts in coordination with or pursuant to the direction of al-Qaeda; and
(B) to have participated in the course of planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners.

This detainment's legality is indisputable during your detention review as stated in section 1035:

(1) clarify that the purpose of the periodic review process is not to determine the legality of any detainee's law of war detention, but to make discretionary determinations whether or not a detainee represents a continuing threat to the security of the United States;

They don't have to have proof to arrest you and then subsequently detain you. There are no provisions in this bill to dispute the legality of your detainment, and all of your hearings henceforth are done inside military court with military judges. Reports of which are given to congress for "oversite", all of which means nothing.

#97 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

So in conclusion, if Captain Jimbob makes the assertion that you are a "threat" you can and will be detained, and he does not have to prove poo.

#98 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

insert hamster running in wheel smiley here

#99 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

And before you quote this at me again

(B) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-
(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

All that states is that it's not a requirement to detain US citizens, but it doesn't say that they can't. It's basically just left up to their discretion.

#100 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

if there was ever any question among some of you about this whole left v right bullshit, this should answer it.

a "left" "president" signing into law a bill that allows for americans to be detained without charges.

boom you dumb bitches.

#101 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

You really do need to come up with a few more creative insults....your overuse of slave and robot is becoming comical.

I'm not trying to be insulting, insulting is not what i do. However i will call out actualities (like CWG's being a slave/robot) when i get frustrated with people's wilfully ignorant and conditioned banter. Like I said...not trying to be an asshole or anything, just pointing out the reality of a situation.

#102 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,328 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

I go take an exam, and come back to see this...all the good beatdowns happen when I'm gone.

#103 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

It passed the senate 86-13 less than an hour ago. Hooray we are safe again.

#104 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

#105 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER