Photo
- - - - -

Matt Kalil turning pro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#81 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

So a great 300 Lb LT is worth $7,752,480?

:cool:

Jordan Gross is making 9 million dollars just this season to false start and get holding penalties, so yes, a 300 LB LT is worth more then their weight in gold.

#82 nickzz

nickzz
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

As things stand right now, I could realistically see us getting the sixth overall pick. The draft order would go something like this......

1. Vikings (lose out)
2. Colts (win one or perhaps 2 more)
3. Rams (win one more)
4. Browns
5. Jaguars
6. Panthers

As I said before, Kalil could slip if this is the order of things, and in that case, we should draft him hands down. I've read one report posted on the Rams forum that said they might be looking to trade for more picks. So the Vikes would take Luck (if they believe Ponder can pull them through, someone needs to be fired.), the Colts take RGlll or Barkley, and the Rams trade out. In this scenario, Kalil falls to number 4. The Browns have their LT in Joe Thomas, and with Peyton Hillis most likely not staying, they will draft Richardson. The Jags could take him, but they might be searching for another receiver. If Blackmon is still on the board, they will probably take him. Leaving Kalil for the taking.

I'm going to still hold out hope we get him, but if not, I would probably be a fan of trading out or taking Claiborne.

sorry but this whole scenario has zero chance of happening.

#83 LelouchBritannia

LelouchBritannia

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

LT's are extremely overrated. ESPECIALLY for mobile quarterbacks. Look how Joe Thomas and Jake Long help their teams win. Gross is one of the better LT's in the game and people want to replace him with a guy that isn't all that much better versus massively upgrading other positions that need it badly, why, i'll never understand.

#84 nickzz

nickzz
HUDDLER

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

LT's are extremely overrated. ESPECIALLY for mobile quarterbacks. Look how Joe Thomas and Jake Long help their teams win. Gross is one of the better LT's in the game and people want to replace him with a guy that isn't all that much better versus massively upgrading other positions that need it badly, why, i'll never understand.

stopped reading here

#85 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

:lol:

#86 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

did that guy say that LT are over rated?

#87 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

Almost 0 chance we get Kalil imo.

Vikings will get him unless they have the first pick.

If the Colts don't get Luck then I wouldn't assume they are going to pick a QB in the first and they will probably take Kalil.

This will leave us a talent choice between Reiff OT, Claiborne DB, Coples DE, Kuechly ILB, Martin OT, Blackmon WR, Jeffery WR.