Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MGH1989

Bronco fans mad at Smittys comments...

312 posts in this topic

holy fug, that place has more tears flowing than the huddle

The Golden Calf of Bristol has 2 NCAA Championships.

Newton has 1 NCAA Championships.

The Golden Calf of Bristol was a backup for one of those, what the fug are you talking about?

1 person likes this

Like I said, I'm a The Golden Calf of Bristol fan. But come on lol. He has a better team around him, a better run game (aside from QB runs), and a defense that is far superior to the cats. Not to mention the schedule play.

The Broncos will make the playoffs but will lose the first game.

The problem with Fox is that he needs certain pieces to be successful and he cannot change or adapt. He has to have a QB with intangibles or nothing he does will work. He has to have a defense. He has to have a running game, period. No mismatching or finding weaknesses, he plays straight up and when that fails there is no plan B, hell the players he plays can't even play a plan B, they are chosen to play man to man. There is really no room for adaptability.

Can this traditional style work? Hell yea it can but rarely will it work consistently, at least in Fox's style, as we all learned. And with the league morphing into an explosive offensive one, I am not sure how far a plan like that will take them.

But it's all subjective a new scenario can change anyone. Still I think Traditional Fox will stay the same.

Detroit already did that.

True, I forgot about that. I just can't wait to see it again so that the media will shut up for a week.

he was a backup for one of those, what the fug are you talking about?

Yeah, a lot of the "smart" huddlers seem to forget that Cam was Tebows backup at Flordia.

Don't cuss at The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Just like The Golden Calf of Bristol was the backup for his first one...but people tend to take that detail out.

If the NFL is smart they'll have the opening game be Broncos vs Panthers to open up the season next year. I'll put my money on Cam.

1 person likes this

change, he doesn't know the meaning of the word at least while he was here.

Why are you defending an average coach. please be specific....nah don't, I don't really care.

Fox changed the entire Broncos team in mid stream this season.

Fox was never the problem in Carolina. Richardson is the biggest problem because he hires people like Hurney. Hurney's selections and moves completely undermined Fox many times. Don't forget the we changed offenses from a conservative Henning style offense to a Weis style Davidson offense. That offense was never a good fit here. Fox has always been a conservative and ball control coach. Delhomme was not a Weis style QB. In many ways Fox was completely screwed by Hurney and Richardson's decisions.