Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MGH1989

Bronco fans mad at Smittys comments...

312 posts in this topic

Well sue me for disagreeing now and chalk that one up to personal ignroance because I didn't take a look into The Golden Calf of Bristol before but now that I have, I won't be singing this old tune anymore.

The Golden Calf of Bristol's #1 in the league in interceptions per pass attempts. #1 as in LOWEST. BEST! And before someone chimes in with he doesn't throw a lot, this has little to do with how many total passes he throws, but how many interceptions per pass. He's thrown 1 for 99 passes, a number not even Aaron Rodgers can touch. He's 1 for 73. Having the lowest interception per pass ratio in the league makes makes you one of the better and more efficient quarterbacks in the league.

It's much more important than the number of touchdowns a quarterback can score. Most qb's that truly deserve to be called elite, pride themselves primarily on the number of interceptions, or lack of, that they throw as well as incompletions, not touchdowns. The one thing guys like Brady, Aaron or Peyton had in common wasn't the number of touchdowns they score a year, but the low number of interceptions and incompletions they have PER PASS. Just like there's such a thing as a completion percentage, there is an interception percentage and The Golden Calf of Bristol's #1 in the league.

Case in point:

To an elite QB, it's a big deal. We act like it means nothing.

After taking a closer look at The Golden Calf of Bristol, not only is he a very good QB, and a good passer, but he probably has the least amount of help in the league. I'm gonna argue that he's actually going to end up one of the better QB's in the league when a good receiving corps is built around him. And the numbers back it up. His receivers have the fewest yards after catch in the league. Team wise, they have not cracked 900 yards after catch. Carolina's in the top 5 with over 1500 yards after catch. That's all going on Cam Newton's passing yards stat sheets by the way.

To boot, more than half of The Golden Calf of Bristol's 4th quarter comeback wins have been on ~80 yard drive marches down the field. It's not the defense, the guy has what it takes. The Golden Calf of Bristol's not going anywhere.

So if you ask me, Denver is winning because of good QB play, despite a very anemic offense.

We're losing because of bad QB play despite an incredibly powerful offense.

We are losing games because 75% of our defense is on IR right now. Cam has some picks that's true but he's also the best rookie QB in the history of the NFL. Comparing him to some big look-at me pray douche who doesn't even throw the ball is a joke and a disgrace to the QB position. He is simply Jimmy Clausen with legs.

But don't worry a punt is now a good play for you guys.

The Broncos are getting away with bullsh1t right now. It is only a matter of time before they are crushed. Why are we comparing The Golden Calf of Bristol and Cam when one of them isn't even a QB?

Oh and Gamble is just as good as Bailey. Just no one has the balls to say it around here.

WWHHHAATTT....Gamble is better than Champ. Wow. You cant really believe that do you? First off Champ is on the wrong side of 30, and supposed to have his best years behind him....And he is still light years better than Gamble. If we played you...Champ would eat Ol man Smith alive. He might catch 3 balls for like 20 yards but he isnt going to make a difference. Look at every big time WR that Champ has played this season. All have been shut down cept for 1 deep pass to CJ. How many TDs has gamble given up? Champ is going to make his 11th PB this year, have Gamble call us when he makes #2

We are losing games because 75% of our defense is on IR right now. Cam has some picks that's true but he's also the best rookie QB in the history of the NFL. Comparing him to some big look-at me pray douche who doesn't even throw the ball is a joke and a disgrace to the QB position. He is simply Jimmy Clausen with legs.

Here comes the IR excuses......I guess that you are the only team with injuries......Question though...How was your D before all the injuries crippled your team??

I said he is just as good and I'm willing to bet Smith would tear Bailey's ass up. He destroyed Charles Woodson earleir this season, what's another has been?

EDIT: Our defense was good enough to win for about 2 weeks.

Gamble is playing well. Bailey is like 34 years old. Next point, The Golden Calf of Bristol is terrible. New England will stomp Denver. You can add Cam's double digit rushing tds to his td to int ratio.

The usmc takes it in the ass. I bet you were a support bitch anyways.

The Golden Calf of Bristol got in a staring contest with Chuck Norris...it ended in a tie.

Really?

Really?

true story:patriot:

By your standards and the media. Not by mine. Sorry. Not even close. If he was the greatest rookie quarterback in the league, not just in history, we'd certainly be winning. We have everything we need to win.