249 replies to this topic

#181 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

I have been thinking about this lately.... If we get the #1 pick of course we take Davis...

However I think prospects 2 through about 7 or 8 are all about equal in that they have potential but some short coming in their game that does not make them a instant huge impact player. At this point I just think we need talent and not any particular need or specialty. Therefor if we have the #2-#4 pick I would try to trade back to around #6, #7 and rack up future draft picks. I think it would work this year because other teams will need to address a specific need (Like pairing a good shooting guard with Irving in Cleveland or someone who does not really create for others) while we just need to start acquiring talent. I am not convince that for us drafting at 2 or 3 is any different than 6 this year.

#182 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

I have been thinking about this lately.... If we get the #1 pick of course we take Davis...

However I think prospects 2 through about 7 or 8 are all about equal in that they have potential but some short coming in their game that does not make them a instant huge impact player. At this point I just think we need talent and not any particular need or specialty. Therefor if we have the #2-#4 pick I would try to trade back to around #6, #7 and rack up future draft picks. I think it would work this year because other teams will need to address a specific need (Like pairing a good shooting guard with Irving in Cleveland or someone who does not really create for others) while we just need to start acquiring talent. I am not convince that for us drafting at 2 or 3 is any different than 6 this year.

Which players do you really want at that spot? I wouldnt mind trading down if we had an underrated player in mind, but its tough to pass up on guys like Thomas Robinson and Kidd-Gilchrist with that high pick

#183 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Which players do you really want at that spot? I wouldnt mind trading down if we had an underrated player in mind, but its tough to pass up on guys like Thomas Robinson and Kidd-Gilchrist with that high pick

Not sold on Robinson. At least at the 2-5 spots. watch a lot of college hoops. Dude rode the bench at KU before this season.

#184 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

Not sold on Robinson. At least at the 2-5 spots. watch a lot of college hoops. Dude rode the bench at KU before this season.

You're right. You know he's a scrub when he has to sit behind guys named Marcus and Markieff Morris. It's not like they're playing in the NBA or anything...

#185 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

You're right. You know he's a scrub when he has to sit behind guys named Marcus and Markieff Morris. It's not like they're playing in the NBA or anything...

Again, a huddle poster taking my comment out of context to fabricate an argument.

I never said Robinson was a scrub. I like the guy personally, and believe he can start in the NBA. However, I wouldn't draft him with a top pick. The same with Jared Sullinger.

If the Bobcats end up with Thomas Robinson in the draft, I'd be preparing for another top 3 pick next season.

#186 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

Some big men take time to develop, what about him doesnt translate well to the pros? He already has a good low post game, he is a great rebounder (translates well to the NBA), is athletic and is easily big enough to play PF in the NBA. He's gonna be good in the NBA

#187 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

I wouldn't draft him in the top 4-5.

#188 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

I wouldn't draft him in the top 4-5.

So if you had a top 3 pick in oh lets say 2007 you would have passed on Al Horford for a guy like Brandon Wright?

#189 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

hindsight is 20/20

#190 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

So if you had a top 3 pick in oh lets say 2007 you would have passed on Al Horford for a guy like Brandon Wright?

I actually had Horford over Oden in that draft.

#191 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

is oden out of the league yet?

#192 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

He's a FA last time I checked. I don't know if he has officially retired though, not sure.

#193 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Again, a huddle poster taking my comment out of context to fabricate an argument.

I never said Robinson was a scrub. I like the guy personally, and believe he can start in the NBA. However, I wouldn't draft him with a top pick. The same with Jared Sullinger.

If the Bobcats end up with Thomas Robinson in the draft, I'd be preparing for another top 3 pick next season.

Either your comment, "Dude rode the bench at KU" was extraneous to your argument and had no point in anything, or (logical conclusion) it was part of your justification for not thinking he is worth a top pick...in which case I gave a valid counter to that point.

Try again.

#194 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

hindsight is 20/20

Yes which is why I'm using it to make a point. It doesnt make sense to rule out drafting a player just because his college career started slowly

#195 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Either your comment, "Dude rode the bench at KU" was extraneous to your argument and had no point in anything, or (logical conclusion) it was part of your justification for not thinking he is worth a top pick...in which case I gave a valid counter to that point.

Try again.

"valid counter" is about the farthest thing I took from your post. You imagined I said something and used it as a way to try and start an argument.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users