20 players: 5 mafia, 4 special civs, and 11 regular civs.
I wanted to try and run one of these last year during the season, but with all of the negativity and general disinterest it seemed like the best thing to do would be to wait. For those of you that are unfamiliar with these types of games, you can click here for a general explanation of what to expect.
Mods, I know I asked a couple of you last year if it were okay for me to run one last season. Forgive me for not asking ahead of time this season. If this ends up being a problem (or at the very least, the wrong forum), feel free to delete/move/whatever (though I don't think you'd need my permission for that >.>).
If you're interested in playing, sign up and I'll add you to the list of confirmed players at the bottom of this post. Once 20 players have signed up, I will start the game and edit this first post with links to specific Day/Night cycle posts as they are updated.
Day cycles will probably last 3-5 days. That will be up to those that are playing to decide before we start.
You know... I'm getting ready to hit the Submit New Thread now and I have a terrible feeling that this isn't going to be received very well at all. :leaving: At the very least, I made sure to include The Golden Calf of Bristol to stay current?
Basic Rules and Info
- All roles are Randomly chosen.
- When two or more players receive the same # of lynch votes, it will result No lynch.
- Other than the mafia side, NO PM ALLOWED among the players.
- No editing. If caught editing, it would be an instant disqualification.
- No revealing PM regarding Role-assignment info.
- Last gasp will be PM'd to me. You have 12 hours to write the last gasp after your death. Mafia side will not get a last gasp (w/ the exception of self-kill). However, if you want to give props after death, you may PM me and I will post it as an "out-of-game" msg.
- "No Lynch" is allowed, but self-lynch isn't.
- Inactivity will not be tolerated. Unless there is a reason keeping you from doing so, all players must post at least once per Day cycle. If a player is going to be unable meet this minimum, they must PM me ahead of time with the reason why. The first day of inactivity will be met with a warning. The second time will result in immediate disqualification and banning from any future games.
Carolina Huddler - Regular Civ - has a duty to lynch a target during the day phase. The highest vote gets axed when the day ends.
Cam Newton - Undercover (UC) – In addition to regular civ's duty, the undercover (UC) has the investigative power on a single target every night. The affiliation will be revealed to UC at the end of the night (INNOCENT/GUILTY). If UC chooses to target himself, or if both UC and dUC target the same person on the same night, the result will be “INCONCLUSIVE.”
Jimmy Clausen - dumbass Undercover (dUC) – In addition to regular civ's duty, the dumbass undercover (dUC) has the investigative power on a single target every night. The opposite of the target's true affiliation will be revealed to dUC at the end of the night (GUILTY/INNOCENT). If dUC chooses to target himself, or if both UC and dUC target the same person on the same night, the result will be “INCONCLUSIVE. ”
1. When receiving “UC” roles, both UC and dUC will only know themselves as “UC.” The identity of dUC will not be revealed until the end of the game. No matter which UC is killed during the game, the story will only reveal that the “UC” is dead.
2. “Beginner’s mistake”: The name of dUC’s target will be revealed to Mafia next day. However, it does not reveal the target’s roles. During the game, if one of the UC’s dead, the mafia will stop receiving the names of the target from that point and onward, regardless of which UC is dead.
Ron Rivera - Medic – In addition to regular civ's duty, the medic gets to protect a single target (except self) every night from Vigilante and/or Mafia’s kill.
1. If medic happens to protect vigilante from being killed by Mafia, he will also interrupt vigilante's action. Vigilante will not "gain" a stock kill from Mafia's targeting in this case, he will also not "lose" a stock kill that was interrupted by the medic.
2. If UC/dUC happens to investigate the target that is "protected" by the medic, the result will be "INCONCLUSIVE."
Steve Smith - Vigilante (Vigi) – In addition to regular civ's duty, the Vigi gets one stock kill at night for each UC/dUC/Medic/Vigi kill by Mafia at night. If the UC/dUC/Medic is killed, Vigi gains the kill from the next night. If the vigi is targeted, he will choose a target to die w/ him on the same night. The mafia identity will not be revealed to him even if he was the target of the night.
1. Vigi may store as many kill stock as long as he's alive. However, he may kill at most 1 person per night.
2. If vigi has already chosen a target and he's the target of Mafia's hit-list, he is given a chance to re-choose his target for the night.
Forum Trolls - Mafia: In addition to regular civ's duty, the mafia get to kill one player per night. If mafia side kills own member at night, the dead mafia member will be revealed as a "regular civ", and is allowed to give last gasp. Such a move will NOT change the dead mafia's affiliation. (Therefore, if mafia side wins, he wins.)
Statistics Slut - Bully - In addition to mafia duty, the Bully is allowed to make their lynch vote count as two. If the Stat Slut wishes to make their lynch vote count as two, they must PM me before the end of the Day cycle.
Unbanned Racist - Village Idiot - In addition to mafia duty, the Village Idiot can target a player every night and deactivate any special abilities that they might have.
Injury Bug - T4T - In addition to mafia duty, when the T4T is the target of a Day lynch they may choose another player to kill as well. They also have the ability at Night to sacrifice themself in order to kill another player. This would not count as the Mafia's kill for the night.
The Golden Calf of Bristol - Lover - In addition to mafia duty, the Lover may never vote against the other Lover.
John Fox - Lover - In addition to mafia duty, the Lover may never vote against the other Lover.
The order of the Night Events
The order of all the night events, though mostly overlooked, can be rather important. This is the order of the events that would take place at night.
[Night starts] --> VI's Deactivation --> *UC/dUC's Investigation --> Mafia's kill --> **Vigi's kill --> T4T's kill --> ***Medic's rescue --> Mafia obtain dUC's target name --> [Night ends]
- If UC/dUC is killed by mafia, the "beginner's mistake" will deactivate immediately. Mafia will not be able to receive dUC's investigation for the night and onward.
- UCs receive their investigation result before Mafia's kill is available.
- Vigi's kill stock is not wasted if mafia killed the target of Vigi before his action.
- Vigi's kill is interrupted if the medic saves him from being killed by mafia at night. However, the kill stock is not wasted.
- Medic may rescue the sacrificial mafia at night.
Confirmed Players: 1
Edited by (╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻, 18 December 2011 - 12:13 PM.