• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#16 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,447 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

I'm getting just a little sick of this "If you dont vote like I do or believe what I do, you are brainwashed" thing.

You to will be assimilated by the Paulbots. Resistance is futile. :)

#17 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,824 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

I am legitimately curious as to what stances Ron Paul has that people do not agree with? I would assume anyone that subscribes to the ideals presented in the constitution would by default be a fan of Paul, but apparently that is a misjudgement. What is it about Ron Paul that you do not like?

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

The ones that say lets all just withdraw into our borders and pretend the world does not exist anymore.

The ones that are all for libertarian freedom well except abortion and other religious things I like

The ones that would completely demolish our economic backbone just to see what happens.

#19 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,640 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

I love Ron Paul he will get my vote but he will not win with all of America is brainwashed on this crap ass 2 party system

#20 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

I am legitimately curious as to what stances Ron Paul has that people do not agree with? I would assume anyone that subscribes to the ideals presented in the constitution would by default be a fan of Paul, but apparently that is a misjudgement. What is it about Ron Paul that you do not like?

Hello old buddy, I am back for a bit to the inanity of this site.

Look at it in philosophical terms. Everything in nature has balance. As a society we get exactly the type of leaders we deserve. Our slovenly populace deserves people like George W and Obama. Take that to a microcosm level of the individual.. If they actually supported Ron Paul they would have to take a look in the mirror. Do you think they want to do that?

That might give you a little peace.

#21 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,824 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

The ones that say lets all just withdraw into our borders and pretend the world does not exist anymore.

So you think being the world's policemen, and spending trillions of dollars on giant, permanent, military facilities throughout the world, while bombing the crap out of brown people and westernizing their middle eastern countries is an essential need for America? Excuse me if this sounds crazy, but spending trillions towards middle eastern dominance, corporate exploitation of their resources, and mass murder just doesn't sound like the most positive manner to focus money and attention on. Wouldnt you agree?

The ones that are all for libertarian freedom well except abortion and other religious things I like

Ultimately Paul believes abortion is murder, which is questionable, however he believes this arena needs to be handled on the state level. He doesn't believe the federal government has any right to mandate ideals along these lines across the board. I myself am pro-choice, but i am under the belief that everyone constantly reincarnates over and over again anyways, so whether or not you get aborted really doesnt matter.

It kind of frustrates me when these issues are brought up because compared to the vast amount of actually significant issues there are to discuss, this is an overall trivial area. Don't get me wrong, these things are important and I believe Paul giving the decision making to the states is correct, however there are so many much more important issues out there.

The ones that would completely demolish our economic backbone just to see what happens.

I hear this a lot. And what i find extremely ironic about it, is that our status-quo Federal Reserve/European banking systems already have destroyed our economic backbone. Once the Federal Reserve took over the show in 1913, we've been consistently on the decline, especially so with the purchasing power of the dollar. It's now worth 4% of what it initially was. So to say that Ron Paul's constitutionally-based economic systems would destroy us is absurd, considering A) we were much more financially stable last time we ran these systems before the Federal Reserve took over, and B) the current system is a house of cards.

Edited by venom, 17 December 2011 - 10:22 PM.

#22 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,339 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

It is a misconception that Paul is a libertarian. He is actually very much a constitutionalist. Funny thing is that Paul is a doctor, but he understands the Constitution infinitely more than all the lawyers in Congress.

#23 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

So you think being the world's policemen, and spending trillions of dollars on giant, permanent, military facilities throughout the world, while bombing the crap out of brown people and westernizing their middle eastern countries is an essential need for America? Excuse me if this sounds crazy, but spending trillions towards middle eastern dominance, corporate exploitation of their resources, and mass murder just doesn't sound like the most positive manner to focus money and attention on. Wouldnt you agree?

Ultimately Paul believes abortion is murder, which to an extent it is, however he believes this arena needs to be handled on the state level. He doesn't believe the federal government has any right to mandate ideals along these lines across the board. I myself am pro-choice, but i am under the belief that everyone constantly reincarnates over and over again anyways, so whether or not you get aborted really doesnt matter.

It kind of frustrates me when these issues are brought up because compared to the vast amount of actually significant issues there are to discuss, this is an overall trivial area. Don't get me wrong, these things are important and I believe Paul giving the decision making to the states is correct, however there are so many much more important issues out there.

I hear this a lot. And what i find extremely ironic about it, is that our status-quo Federal Reserve/European banking systems already have destroyed our economic backbone. Once the Federal Reserve took over the show in 1913, we've been consistently on the decline, especially so with the purchasing power of the dollar. It's now worth 4% of what it initially was. So to say that Ron Paul's constitutionally-based economic systems would destroy us is absurd, considering A) we were much more financially stable last time we ran these systems before the Federal Reserve took over, and B) the current system is a house of cards.

Proof is irrelevant to people that want to believe lies. See my previous post. The people will always choose Barrabus. That is just reality, whether we like it or not.

Just join a Ron Paul meetup and do what you can. It is pretty fun.

#24 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,824 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

Hello old buddy, I am back for a bit to the inanity of this site.

Look at it in philosophical terms. Everything in nature has balance. As a society we get exactly the type of leaders we deserve. Our slovenly populace deserves people like George W and Obama. Take that to a microcosm level of the individual.. If they actually supported Ron Paul they would have to take a look in the mirror. Do you think they want to do that?

That might give you a little peace.

This is ultimately what I believe too, and it is a shame. For the life of me I could not understand why a lot of people have such a mental block towards anything that isnt considered conventional knowledge. You could spout off facts and examples all day long, but for some reason they seem unwilling or unable to compute the information. But yes, coming to terms with this knowledge and seeing the big picture thats going on means they must change themselves in a variety of ways. For this reason is why i feel people will crawl back into their docile cave of comfort, which is so easily reinforced since most of the public has fallen prey to the system.

Edited by venom, 17 December 2011 - 10:51 PM.
cant spell

#25 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

This is ultimately what I believe too, and it is a shame. For the life of me I could not understand why a lot of people have such a mental block towards anything that isnt considered conventional knowledge. You could spout of facts and examples all day long, but for some reason they seem unwilling to compute the information. But yes, coming to terms with this knowledge and seeing the big picture thats going on means they must change themselves in a variety of ways. For this reason is why i feel people will crawl back into their docile cave of comfort, which is so easily reinforced since most of the public has fallen prey to the system.

It all makes perfect sense though.. It is the essence of consciousness.

Read this quote by Michael Crichton in "State of Fear" today: "Nobody dares to solve the problems - because the solution might contradict your philosophy, and for most people clinging to beliefs is more important than succeeding in the world."

Enjoy your life and leave the fools to their folly. Not to say I am not doing everything I can to get Ron Paul elected and that I don't enjoy him making a mockery of the neocons and exposing fake liberals. Ah, nothing is what it seems.. and I like it :)

#26 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,824 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

It all makes perfect sense though.. It is the essence of consciousness.

Read this quote by Michael Crichton in "State of Fear" today: "Nobody dares to solve the problems - because the solution might contradict your philosophy, and for most people clinging to beliefs is more important than succeeding in the world."

Enjoy your life and leave the fools to their folly. Not to say I am not doing everything I can to get Ron Paul elected and that I don't enjoy him making a mockery of the neocons and exposing fake liberals. Ah, nothing is what it seems.. and I like it :)

haha love that last sentence you wrote.

excellent quote.

#27 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:05 PM

This is what the internet looked like in 2007 but it was about Obama.

#28 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

With all due respect, and I get what you're saying... I wrote Ron Paul on my ballot in '08... But there were Waaaay more sheep in '08 than there are now.

#29 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,824 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

Everything is a learning process, and people had good intentions with an obama vote. At best, at least its taken an obama presidency (on top of the Bush presidency) to help people wake up to how the system really works. Better late than never, right?

#30 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,355 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

If Ron Paul isn't the Republican candidate, I'm not wasting my time voting this election. He's the only one that's worth a damn, in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.