Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ladarius Green, very athletic TE

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Dude has the body of a TE and plays like a fuging WR, would be a huge steal if we were to get him in the 4th. 6'6 236 lbs

ladarius-green.jpg

Notes:

• Green is at his best when split out wide off the line of scrimmage. Because of that, it's a hard to gauge how he'll do in a pro-style system.

• An exceptional athlete, Green should test out really well in the offseason.

• Routinely makes spectacular catches all over the field. Shows good agility and body control to adjust to bad passes.

• Has good but maybe not elite speed for a tight end. Still, Green is dangerous after the catch. He's strong enough to break tackles by defensive backs but elusive enough to avoid linebackers.

• Is built much more like a big wide receiver rather than a tight end. At his size, it's hard to see Green making much impact on the run game.

• Needs to start running crisper routes and take advantage of his ability to fool defender with his athleticism.

• Struggles some getting off the line of scrimmage, both because of his somewhat lacking strength and because of technical flaws.

• Has a frame that looks like it can get much bigger.

• A little behind as a blocker, which will hold his stock down some.

• Has had some injuries in his past. Sat out two games last season with a sprained ankle and three games in 2009 with a neck injury.

• Coaches have said Green is a respectful person who puts in a good effort off the field.

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/8/24/2380943/ladarius-green-nfl-draft-prospect-notes

JKOC_Green.jpg

Posted · Report post

ohhhh....in the 4th round.

i've got no problem with this,though i'd still rather go after positions that we have needs in and not stock up on more TEs.

could be a marques colston guy, though.

Posted · Report post

I may be wrong about this, but I have a strong suspicion that if Chud is here a few more years that we will make a strong push for Kellen Winslow to replace Shockey. Just a hunch!

Posted · Report post

I watched the game last night and a few times I saw him pull a Randy Moss and give up on some plays.

Posted · Report post

he also made some big catches. instead of going after a WR in the draft, they might go after another pass catching TE.