Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highlandfire

I love this team and they are heading in the right direction

24 posts in this topic

Yes, and we always have had and always will have holes..we're never gonna have studs everywhere. Hell we're really really close to contending right now with 5th stringers all over the defense. I think we're gonna start smashing people soon and never look back.

The way our defense has played with two different defensive tackles has proven that the rookie defensive tackles were a huge problem for the defense. I believe they could be better with some conditioning and a full off season to learn more but if we want to win next year we cannot wait on them to develop and yet we still have a lot of holes on defense.

I hope Beason will be 100% next season but our defensive problems isn't linebacker as much as its the secondary.

Our offense has some problems that need to be fixed as well. Gross and Wharton aren't getting any younger, Otah has yet to play a full season let alone has only played 4 games in the past two years. Do we draft an offensive linemen? What about a replacement for Smitty? Blackmon? or do we have enough faith in Gettis not to worry about another receiver? Shockey has played well but isn't getting any younger and the way our offense is ran we need two good tight ends. Do we draft or sign a TE or do we think Barnidge can be that guy?

We have a bright future but we also have a lot of problems. Our Future depends on how we handle those problems. We have all the right players to build a franchise around all that is needed is a good draft and some good free agent signings and we should be a team to be reckoned with.

...I've been saying it all along. I like what i see. Give Chud some time to actually install an offence, get our defensive personell back and fix the fuging special teams and we will be there! Chico knows who is contributing and can evaluate talent. we'll kick some @ss next year fo sho....

I believe once we work out a few kinks, we will be the best team in the NFL.

A good win indeed. Both sides played a good game. With all the injuries piling up, the defense was pretty stout with the exception of the third quarter. Guys stepped up and played well. I love the effort from guys who are trying to win roster spots next year.

We are *one* offseason away from contending my man

I am taking the safe, conservative route. We are in a tough division with NO and Atl, but I don't feel it will take that long to challenge those guys on a regular basis.

If SF loses can NO clinch the #2 seed next week?

inb4 people blabber on about "I only want to play teams at full strength". f that, wins >>>>

Normally I am with Rick Flair 'If you want to be the man...WOOOOOO!, you gotta beat the man'. But for this team as young as it is, ANY win helps build their confidence. So yeah I agree, let them rest and hopefully we whip that Nawlins ass.

Are we seeing the results of Rivera/McDermott laying down the law and putting the staff on notice despite the injuries? Overall the D has improved in the last several games.....

I am taking the safe, conservative route. We are in a tough division with NO and Atl, but I don't feel it will take that long to challenge those guys on a regular basis.

dude we were close as hell to beating both of them. We aint far behind. I didnt say we'd flat out win. I think we will, but all i said was contension. How could any of you question that? Dont foget the players we will get back from injury.. Beason would make our D so much better.

Are we seeing the results of Rivera/McDermott laying down the law and putting the staff on notice despite the injuries? Overall the D has improved in the last several games.....

Imo, no.

Our defense is better for 2 reasons:

1. Jordan Senn has solidified the OLB position
  2. Fua is on the sidelines

Fua may be good someday, but he isn't right now. My one big bit#h with Marty and Ron is they did next to nothing to help us at DT once Edwards went down, and they continued with Fua in spite of him being overwhelmed all year.

But hey, I guess all is well that ends well.

Seriously though, we have to be the best team in the NFL against backup and third string QBs. Even ATL can't hold our jock in that category!! :troll: :troll:

The most important part of the 2012 offseason for the Panthers won't be the draft or free agency. It's going to be the mini camps and conditioning and strength training and general bonding of the team (which includes the new coaching staff). Rivera has made a lot of no name guys into pro bowlers or an entire no name defense into the #1 in the league. That doesn't happen with just training camp. And I think we are already seeing his majic at work with guys like Senn and Shirley.