Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

she looks cold.

#17 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

This thread leads me to wonder how many 14 year old girls told their parents that they are carrying the Son of God over the ages instead of admitting they got pregnant from an actual boy.

Including Mary.

#18 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

Happy holidays is equally offensive to people who celebrate no holidays. Also these people are cowards with their holiday trees. Never have heard a menorah called a holiday candle. Don't do it at all if you're going to be a douche about it but you know that won't happen because Target still wants their money from Christmas shoppers.

#19 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

This thread leads me to wonder how many 14 year old girls told their parents that they are carrying the Son of God over the ages instead of admitting they got pregnant from an actual boy.

Including Mary.

Very immature to mock other people's beliefs.

#20 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,993 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

Including Mary.

i think it'd be pretty cool growing up as the supposed son of god. i see no negatives

#21 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,561 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

I didn't read any post in this thread but I just wanted to say I don't get why people are so defensive about Christmas. Its morphed into a month long celebration and is a simple loving holiday.

Am I the only one that really doesn't see much of this "war on Christmas"?

If you want to make Christmas a big part of your life, do so...if not, don't.

#22 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,311 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

all i'm saying is it's a travesty that these behemoth retailers who have to market to every nook and cranny of society are using the most inclusive greeting possible.

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

Very immature to mock other people's beliefs.

So is expecting a magical man in the sky to help you with your problems, or telling others that since your religion is the most popular it should be treated better than the others. There are lots of religions that have end of year/solstice/whatever celebrations, but they are all strictly second stringers.

At least my immaturity is based in reality - and I will mock anything I think I can get away with and I consider humorous.

#24 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,000 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

If you want to say Merry Christmas....then say Merry Christmas.

If you want to say Happy Holiday...then say Happy Holidays.

Anyone who makes a big deal out of this (no matter which side of the issue you believe in) should get a damn life....and realize there are hundreds of other REAL issues in the world today.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to ALL!!!!!

#25 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,629 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

she looks cold.

she needs to turn around to know for sure.

#26 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,629 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Jangler, 19 December 2011 - 04:21 PM.

#27 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,993 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

So is expecting a magical man in the sky to help you with your problems, or telling others that since your religion is the most popular it should be treated better than the others. There are lots of religions that have end of year/solstice/whatever celebrations, but they are all strictly second stringers.

At least my immaturity is based in reality - and I will mock anything I think I can get away with and I consider humorous.

no one did any of that here. stop projecting

a simple bah humbug would suffice

#28 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,312 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

Keeping Christ in Christmas is a no brainer.

Now can we work on keeping The Golden Calf of Bristol out of every freaking news story on every freaking channel?

#29 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

A wise man (not one of those wise men) once said:

"Well, look, I like the Christmas Jesus best when I'm sayin' grace. When you say grace, you can say it to Grown-up Jesus, or Teenage Jesus, or Bearded Jesus, or whoever you want. Dear Tiny Jesus, in your golden fleece diapers with your tiny, little fat balled up fists...Look, I like the baby version the best, do you hear me? I win the races and I get the money. Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, don't even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent. We just thank you for all the races I've won and the $21.2 million dollars... LOVE THAT MONEY, that I have accrued over this past season. Also due to a binding endorsement contract that stipulates I mention Powerade at each grace, I just wanna say that Powerade is delicious and it cools you off on a hot summer day and we look forward to Powerade's release of mystic mountain blueberry. Thank you, for all your power and your grace, Dear Baby God, Amen."

Merry Eight Pound Six Ounce Newborn Baby Christmas, Huddle.

#30 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

no one did any of that here. stop projecting

a simple bah humbug would suffice

That's not true.

I was at Target near my house last week. (It actually takes me longer to get in and out of my van than it does to drive to Target.) There's a young lady (Early 20's) who always seems to be working when I shop there. She wished me "Happy Holidays". I told her "Merry Christmas". She got a big grin on her face and whispered to me, "We aren't supposed to say that."

Remember where "Christmas" came from!

Sorry but this whole "War on Christmas" thing as as manufactured as Christmas itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com