Photo
- - - - -

Keep Christ in Christmas!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
115 replies to this topic

#106 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

This just CANNOT be...

lol

icwatudidthar

#107 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

The real truth. Quit reading your fairy tales and learn actual facts

speaking of learning facts...

According to Egyptian mythology, Horus wasn't born of a virgin. Horus' parents were Isis and Osiris. Isis replaced Osiris' penis after he was chopped up and humped away. Not very virginal, if you ask me. There is also no literal indication that Horus was baptized or led a temple. Horus did not have 12 disciples - he had 4 Semi-Gods and 16 human followers. There is no crucifixion found in any literature about Horus.

Attis was hanged on a tree, not crucified. There is no indication of a resurrection. Also, the story of Attis only dates to 150 A.D.

Krishna, according to legend, had older siblings; he was not born of a virgin. He was also never resurrected; instead he was turned into a log and floated around the coast of India.

But hey, keep reading Gerald Massey's works like its the gospel.

#108 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

You're cherry picking, though...

Maybe Egyptian mythology doesn't directly correlate with Christianity, but you can find those precedents within other cultures...

That is the mastery that was Christianity back in the day... They adopted many different things that would draw more people in via familiarity, and then just conquered the nonconformists...

#109 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

You're cherry picking, though...

Maybe Egyptian mythology doesn't directly correlate with Christianity, but you can find those precedents within other cultures...

That is the mastery that was Christianity back in the day... They adopted many different things that would draw more people in via familiarity, and then just conquered the nonconformists...

Come on, you're gonna call me out for cherry picking, but say nothing to BFKM for spreading outright lies?
See why there's no reasoning with people over religion?

#110 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

I knew what the video was from and didn't have to watch it to know it...

It is an excerpt from the first Zeitgeist, which has been proven to be somewhat poorly researched...

That doesn't detract from the facts of winter solstice and sun worship were around long before Christianity was conceived... nor the theft of today's religions from its ancient predecessors...

How do you justify discounting thousands of years of religion that predates the creation your own?

Jesus changed everything, duh

#111 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

It is an excerpt from the first Zeitgeist, which has been proven to be somewhat poorly researched...

That doesn't detract from the facts of winter solstice and sun worship were around long before Christianity was conceived... nor the theft of today's religions from its ancient predecessors...

How do you justify discounting thousands of years of religion that predates the creation your own?

How do you justify BTBAM as music when all I hear noise and middle schoolers screaming about being fat and alone. It's what/how you choose to believe and interpret.

#112 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

Well Id say, Jesus changed everything, duh

#113 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

speaking of learning facts...

According to Egyptian mythology...

these two statements do not go together

#114 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:25 AM

...and the Christian holidays on the Gregorian calendar were changed after the fact to coincide with other celebrations. Is someone arguing otherwise? What's your point here?
What theft are you talking about? Every single time one of you "lol @ christians believing a story someone else made up" people try to make this argument, I spend about 13 seconds using google to disprove your theory. Rodeo even tried to say Jesus was based off the story of Hercules. :confused:
You guys need to come up with a new argument. Stop rehashing the same disproven theory.
How does it make you feel to know that you do what you accuse Christians of doing - believing something without researching it first?

How do you justify calling me out for "cherry picking," when I was referencing the points in the video while remaining mum about the intentional spread of lies?

#115 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

what i said wasn't in accord to egyptian mythology?

#116 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:56 AM

Sure they do, watch....

According to the facts, in the early comics Superman couldn't fly.

See? Supes is a fictional character, but its factually accurate that the character couldn't fly.