Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry

70 posts in this topic

Posted

he needs to understand that a k5 is not a mudder without serious weight loss. Also, I've been in that exact situation quite a few times and hell figure it out soon. Tell him he better get every spec of mud out of the underside of the truck. It will be in hard to get places but it's important unless he wants a rust bucket.

I've got a 90 K5 with a 383.

1 person likes this

Posted

As a metrosexual who loves city life, hair gel, fine wine, and reading GQ and Esquire magazines, I have have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread but it does sound delightful.

we can go up the street and get hammered while they get all dirty n'poo in the mud, shoot something with antlers, shoot something aluminum or whatever it is they do out there.... :)

Posted

Great story.

And yeah, it could be A LOT worse.

You are not the parent bailing a drunk underage kid out of jail after he T-bones a family of 4 coming home from Xmas shopping, so best to laugh this one off.

Though I'm not happy about the quick turnaround to dick mode.

He should still be calling you mommy and groveling for at least a week, as well as on call for any shitty chore you want done.

Posted

this reminds me of all the fun things I did growing up... from yanking stuffed animals across the street at night while hiding in bushes to making homemade napalm or ringing doorbells at 10 or 11 at night..

good times... at everyone else's expense..

Posted

I haz the pics!

First up, we have my son who I lovingly call dumbass 1.

leftsidek5.jpg

rightsidek5.jpg

Next up is dumbass 2, my son's best friend. It was dumbass 2's idea to go mudding in the first place.

jonathonstruck.jpg

Finally, after a morning of digging, we got dumbass 2's truck out. Dumbass 1's truck kept sinking. So I called in a favor to a family friend. This is what he brought out there.

jdtractor.jpg

Woohoo! I got to ride in the tractor on the way there! Bouncy but fun. I waved to everyone who passed us.

Finally it's out. It almost flipped over, though, when he was pulling it.

k5out.jpg

Posted

Great story.

And yeah, it could be A LOT worse.

You are not the parent bailing a drunk underage kid out of jail after he T-bones a family of 4 coming home from Xmas shopping, so best to laugh this one off.

Though I'm not happy about the quick turnaround to dick mode.

He should still be calling you mommy and groveling for at least a week, as well as on call for any pooty chore you want done.

Man he was ill this morning. I know I didn't sleep much, and I'm pretty sure he was up worried about the truck. He made it up to me after I fed him a biscuit.

He did a quickie wash a few minutes ago on it. He had to be at work at 4, and we didn't get it out until after 3.

Posted

Holy fug... that tractor could have pulled my house out of the mud... :lol:

Posted

We wanted to make sure it got the k5 out. lol

That tractor was in the field closest to where they were. We could have gone bigger or smaller.

Posted

TWSS.

Which is all I have to offer to this thread.

Posted

Was honestly expecting worse but glad he is out.

Posted

I haz the pics!

First up, we have my son who I lovingly call dumbass 1.

leftsidek5.jpg

rightsidek5.jpg

Next up is dumbass 2, my son's best friend. It was dumbass 2's idea to go mudding in the first place.

jonathonstruck.jpg

Finally, after a morning of digging, we got dumbass 2's truck out. Dumbass 1's truck kept sinking. So I called in a favor to a family friend. This is what he brought out there.

jdtractor.jpg

Woohoo! I got to ride in the tractor on the way there! Bouncy but fun. I waved to everyone who passed us.

Finally it's out. It almost flipped over, though, when he was pulling it.

k5out.jpg

Awesome!! And i've been in deeper holes than that.

Bet he had a blast.

Posted

This reminds me of all the times i've had fun in my ol' jeep....and later, my 72 chevy pickup. Had a lot of great times.

Remember the jeep buried so deep, was sitting on it's rails.

Got the 72 chevy stuck in the middle of an unfamiliar creek/river i had no business being in at 1:30am.

Have done some stupid things in my rides. Live and learn.

Great pics!