13 replies to this topic

#1 Jhyler12

Jhyler12

Go Time!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

I was looking at getting a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 to carry around all of the time, does anyone have this gun or have any suggestions on another gun? Thanks...

#2 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

Posted Image

#3 Jhyler12

Jhyler12

Go Time!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

I have read that the Ruger has alot of failure to discharges, but I guess that comes with breaking in any new gun.

#4 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,089 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

I have read that the Ruger has alot of failure to discharges, but I guess that comes with breaking in any new gun.

I haven't had any but I've only shot it about 100 or so times.

#5 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

Worst case scenario you can just pistol whip your attacker.

#6 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Location\/\/ /\/ C

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

Look at Ruger sr9c it was 2010 gun of the year. around 400.00

#7 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

I have the Ruger LCP .380, with 7 hollow points. Fits in the front pocket of my suit pants. I have shot it a bunch, never had a problem (knock on wood). The case I have is neat, the back part is shaped like square like a wallet, and it is rugged leather, so that the shape it makes in your pocket doesnt look like a gun.

This is the smallest gun I have carried, and I have carried a few guns. It packs a nice punch with the .380 hollow point, and it 7 shots. The gun is no thicker than a blackberry, but slightly heavier.

I would recommend this over the Taurus, even though you get an extra clip with the Taurus. Best $400 you can spend on a conceal.

Posted Image

#8 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

I have the Ruger LCP .380, with 7 hollow points. Fits in the front pocket of my suit pants. I have shot it a bunch, never had a problem (knock on wood). The case I have is neat, the back part is shaped like square like a wallet, and it is rugged leather, so that the shape it makes in your pocket doesnt look like a gun.

This is the smallest gun I have carried, and I have carried a few guns. It packs a nice punch with the .380 hollow point, and it 7 shots. The gun is no thicker than a blackberry, but slightly heavier.

I would recommend this over the Taurus, even though you get an extra clip with the Taurus. Best $400 you can spend on a conceal.

Posted Image

I have those same kickass sunglasses

#9 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Two things.

1) Make sure you take the Carry and Conceal class!

2) You don't end up like Plaxico! "I had my gun in my sweatpants and shot myself in the thigh!"

#10 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

Two things.

Truth, and make sure you know when/where you can carry.

2) You don't end up like Plaxico! "I had my gun in my sweatpants and shot myself in the thigh!"
If you are carrying a gun like a thug, then....well I will just leave it at that.

#11 GSQUARED

GSQUARED

Blissfully Omniscient

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

I carry a gun everywhere I go...in my pants.

#12 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,601 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

I was looking at getting a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 to carry around all of the time, does anyone have this gun or have any suggestions on another gun? Thanks...

Don't try to show off with it... it is designed to carry 6 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. This model will fire without a magazine.
I've read that some models have trouble with the hammer. I'd go with something else.

#13 Jhyler12

Jhyler12

Go Time!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

Don't try to show off with it... it is designed to carry 6 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. This model will fire without a magazine.
I've read that some models have trouble with the hammer. I'd go with something else.

Don't have to worry about showing off here, its all about protection for my family if the situation ever came up. I here you with the fire without a magazine in it but it does have a manual saftey switch on it, and from what I understand the saftey does not slide by accident, you actually have to put some force behind it...

I did alot of reading last night and most the reviews were great but I want to make sure I buy the right one...

#14 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:51 AM

Two things.

Yes, CC is a must

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com