Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The education of Cam

43 posts in this topic

Posted

shut up your whining.

Why, because I don't share your viewpoint? Wow...freedom of speech is now exclusive...

Posted

no, because you're just whining.

it's annoying.

pull up your big girl panties and move along.

Posted

You can change your name footballisasport, but unless you change your message, you will always be easily recognizable.
is that who it is?

:lol:

pffl part 2.

Posted

And why is Grossman words holding more weight then Steve and Rivera when they said they didn't have a problem with what Cam said? It seems the media turns to Grossman for his feelings about Cam and when he gives it uses it as grounds that everyone else shares his view.

Is Grossman the Captain of the Panthers?

what are you talking about?

quit babbling. you're making yourself look ridiculous.

Posted

You can change your name footballisasport, but unless you change your message, you will always be easily recognizable.

And why should I change my message? Because it's not inline with what everyone else thinks and feels?

Cam is told by our media that in order for him to be an elite QB he has to play by their rules. My question is, why is that? Is he not worthy of the same rights as players like Luck and The Golden Calf of Bristol? Why does he need to be taught while their ways are simply accepted?

They applaud you when you see things their way and scorn you when you don't. Sad to see we are still like that.

Posted

what are you talking about?

quit babbling. you're making yourself look ridiculous.

So instead of acting like a grown man, you resort to mocking me. Really? And I guess that is suppose to do what, offend me?

Posted

crap....did i just send swag to whytogo? i meant to neg rep him for being even more lame than pffl.

copycat troll.

Posted

So instead of acting like a grown man, you resort to mocking me. Really? And I guess that is suppose to do what, offend me?
no. i could care less how you feel, actually. i could care less about your message either.

you just deserve to be mocked because you're a whiny little troll turd,

Posted

You should listen to some early interviews of Jordan. He sounded nothing like the calm, regal figure most think of when they think of His Airness.

As for "affluent," I'm sure Cam's excellent sense of style has more to do with his upbringing than anything to do with money.

You are so right...It's quite scary to believe that in this time and day, folks still live behind high walls and judge the rest of the world based solely on what they learn from the media.

Maybe if they got out more and saw the rest of the world, they would embrace a kid like Cam instead of trying to conform him to a one size fit all standard as a QB.

I have never seen a young person scrutinized and rip apart like I have with this kid. And what's even more telling is how comfortable some folks are with doing it.

Posted

no. i could care less how you feel, actually. i could care less about your message either.

you just deserve to be mocked because you're a whiny little troll turd,

You are having an argument with a complete stranger on the internet over a kid that you don't know personal simply because the person choose to argue against the way in which the kid is being treated by the media and in your mind I'm a troll, okay.

You have a nice evening.

Posted

And why should I change my message? Because it's not inline with what everyone else thinks and feels?

Cam is told by our media that in order for him to be an elite QB he has to play by their rules. My question is, why is that? Is he not worthy of the same rights as players like Luck and The Golden Calf of Bristol? Why does he need to be taught while their ways are simply accepted?

They applaud you when you see things their way and scorn you when you don't. Sad to see we are still like that.

Why should you change your message?

• The vast majority of the posters here are huge Cam fans, and unlike you, they are also fans of the Panthers. Not the Jets, not the Giants, etc. In other words, you are a visiting reverend preaching to the home choir.
  • You are making yourself look just as ridiculous as the Cam "haters". You just happen to be on the other side of the spectrum. But guess what, Cam is a human being. As such, he has flaws just like you, me, and every other individual on the face of the earth. As fans of Cam and the Panthers, we should be able to discuss these flaws without your constant chirping that any and all criticism is unfair.
  • You harp and harp on media bias. We get it. The media is sometimes biased. Sometimes it is unintentional, sometimes not. However, most of us are smart enough to recognize an agenda when we see it, and don't need you running around this board like a hall monitor in high school.

That's why.

3 people like this

Posted

I can tell you something about Cam that many of you don't see. Cam grew up to relative affluent African American Parents being that his father is ex-nfl and a Pastor. Yet as an athlete to be able to communicate and keep his street cred, he has had to straddle a fence, between cool and corporate. I think the misinterpretation between some of Cam's actions, comes from the fact that he dresses like Bill Cosby, in the sweaters one day, and the next day, he's dripping with swag. As QB of a team full of veterans, I bet he is personally trying to walk a fine line between stepping on people's toes, i.e. respecting his elders, and yet at the same time releasing just enough swag to let people know, he will cut you on the field. I would almost bet the Cam we see next year will be a lot more aggressive/assertive with teammates while still maintaining that Cosby sweater polish.

Wait what? What does swag have to do with cutting people?