Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should the Panthers give DA another 1 year contract?

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I believe DA helped Cam in reading defenses, how to look off defenders and so on. I really want to see him back up Cam for one more season, and at the same time, bring in another QB for him to groom, to take over as back up to Cam.

Posted

sure

Posted

Absolutely

Posted

That's been all Shula imo.

Posted

He's a good back up. Better than Clausen.

Posted

don't see why not. gonna find a better vet backup in free agency for the money? i don't know the answer, but doubt it.

Posted

yeah we probably can't find a better backup... he and cam seem to get along on the sidelines.

only thing we'd need to worry about is not being as flexible with him in... josh johnson or dennis dixon or tyrod taylor, guys that are really athletic, would probably make more sense schematic wise. i think jj and dixon are FAs but they both supposedly want starting jobs which they obviously wouldn't get here.

Posted

Absolutely YES

Posted

Shula not DA is Cam's ear. Need to find a backup QB now.....DA and Jimmy Jam need to both move on.

Posted

I'm praying the some idiotic team gets desperate and gives us a pick for Clausen

1 person likes this

Posted

He's a good back up. Better than Clausen.

DA and Jimmy were the 2 worst QBs in the NFL last. Neither has thrown a pass this year. We are in HUGE trouble if Cam goes down.

Posted

Before everyone keeps dissing DA for not being equivalent to Cam's athleticism (and really, who is?) please remember his Pro Bowl year was under Chud, who will definitely know how to utilize him under the nightmare scenario that Cam goes down (or more hopefully that the score is 56-0 on our behalf.)