Photo
- - - - -

2012 NFL Draft Don't Forget...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#25 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

so what does the pats do with all those draft picks anyways?

rarely are they ever put to good use, imo.

oh...and how many playoff games have they won since they went to the superbowl last time?

i think i'll try to find a better pattern to follow.

thanks.

Yea i forgot about the prevailing mentality that the Pats are like the gold standard of drafting as well. Yea they're good at manipulating the actual picks they have, better than anyone else, but if you look at who they actually select at those picks they're average at best. As a matter of fact, 5 out of their 12 picks from the 2010 draft aren't even on the team anymore. 6 of their 12 picks from the 2009 draft aren't on the team anymore as well.

They've done a terrible job replacing their old defense personnel-wise (Seymour, Harrison, Vrabel, Law, Bruschi, Milloy)

#26 DickolausJ

DickolausJ

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

If the Patriots want to keep giving us their second round pics I'm cool with that too.

Posted Image

Oh Hai Darius.

#27 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

Playing for the Tie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

I think who falls to us in the first dictates the rest of our draft. Now that Barkley isn't coming out, Luck, RG III, and Jones are the likely top 3 QB's on the board. We'd basically have to finish below the Redskins, Dolphins, and Browns to trade down due to their need of a starting QB and the fact I believe RG III will go in the top 5. Who knows, maybe a team will offer us a trade down, but it's tough to predict such things. If I had to order the best case scenarios for Carolina this would be it.

1. Matt Kalil
2. Morris Claiborne
3. Trade down
4. Justin Blackmon
5. Jonathan Martin