• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gamecock#1

Gamecock#1

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Does anyone know how much an NFL player has to pay to give a football to a fan during a game?

I tried looking this up on the internet and did a search for previous posts on the huddle, but I was unable to find a definitive answer. I have heard a range from $500-3000 dollars. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Btw - just broke my posting cherry :)

Edited by Gamecock#1, 24 December 2011 - 02:54 PM.
Clarify post

#2 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

what?

#3 Gamecock#1

Gamecock#1

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

what?

It was my understanding that it costs the player money out of their pocket when the player gives a fan a football (like after a touchdown). I guess now I am wondering if that is true, and if it is - then how much?

#4 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

I think the fine is if you throw the ball into the crowd. It's OK to hand it to someone.

#5 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

$0

#6 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,925 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

I think a Christmas game the NFL takes the stick out of their ass and gives away balls to the kids scores or not.

#7 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,332 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

Normally it's five grand I think. Word is the panthers have ben paying the bills this season and encouraging the players to do it.

#8 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

I remember it being a $1500 fine that was almost never enforced unless the player did something stupid like drill it straight at someone in the front row.

#9 Ace35

Ace35

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

Huhhh. Never thought of that before. $1500 for a fugging football???? With the reduced rookie contracts and all the football's given away, Cam Newton is going to be broke. He'll be painting houses in the Charlotte area for a summer job.

#10 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

hmmmm. pretty sure they get fined if they throw it in to the crowd. other than that, i don't think the players have to pay anything. a football doesn't cost very much money.

#11 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

Normally it's five grand I think. Word is the panthers have ben paying the bills this season and encouraging the players to do it.

I was going to post $5000. It's the cost of "The Duke" F1 100 (Wilson "the Duke" football ($100)) + the special prep that every game ball goes through.

Posted Image

The host team must have 35 game balls prepped per game. Wait, that has changed. Last year each team must bring 25 each to the game. (I believe that's the number.) And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they can't be used again. (Even the ones that never make it into a game. However, as much as the balls are swapped out, almost all of them get used.)

Back when I was in Jr High School, I was a Defensive Tackle. I ended up with the ball and stumbled my way into the end zone. At which time I whizzed the ball into the bleachers. And just as fast as I whizzed the ball into the bleachers, I was ejected from the game!

Indiana High School Athletic Assn, rules say, "Upon scoring a touchdown, the player must either place the ball on the field, or hand it to the nearest official. Failure to do either of these, will result in immediate expulsion from the game." (You think the NFL is the "No Fun League"!) My coach wore me out over that move!

Edited by sports talk, 26 December 2011 - 11:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.