48 replies to this topic

#46 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

The difference is one word.

You may not realise it but McClain is no where near Fua in the run game and Fua is no where near MCClain in the passing game. Neither excel in their strongest areas, they should improve, but to have them one degree from average is just wrong.

Using your rather limited way of 'grading', McClain would be very poor against the run, below average pass rush and Fua would be average in the run game and a very poor pass rush.

When it's an extremely short evaluation, one word carries a lot of meaning, as you well know.

McClain was very poor against the run during the pre-season, but imporved some during the regular season, which is a fact that is common knowledge to most Panther fans, and obvious to see on the field. Hence your grade is incorrect.

#47 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

I think everyone agrees we need to upgrade our play at the 2nd corner position,DT, and replace TD but I think it is an over simplification just to think we can fix our problems by only upgrading those postions.To me we need to get more pressure on the qb,stop the run,and figure out some way we can cover the TEs in our division and league.Does that mean we can simply upgrade those 3 positions and get Beason back? I dont think so. As another poster pointed out more pressure on the qb will help our Cbs and safeties in coverage. How do we get that pressure? Do we change schemes or bring more blitzs? I think we have some challanges that have just as much to do with coaching as it does with players. We have not been able to stop substained drives all year and have been torched in just about every way imaginible.

Edited by jarhead, 27 December 2011 - 06:52 AM.

#48 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

When it's an extremely short evaluation, one word carries a lot of meaning, as you well know.

McClain was very poor against the run during the pre-season, but imporved some during the regular season, which is a fact that is common knowledge to most Panther fans, and obvious to see on the field. Hence your grade is incorrect.

Not sure what you have been watching but he improved in his final game, that is it. Until then he was a huge issue for us. Since he and Fua have been put on IR our run D has magically improved...

#49 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

Not sure what you have been watching but he improved in his final game, that is it. Until then he was a huge issue for us. Since he and Fua have been put on IR our run D has magically improved...

Well we'll have to agree to disagree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.