Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GW calls out Bob Johnson

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If we're going to be honest KT, can you admit that you're much harder on the Panthers front office than you are on the Bobcats'?

Definitely. The Panthers have had more talent and opportunities for success than the Bobcats, yet they're still a sub .500 organization overall. They've also brought more scandal to this city than the Bobcats yet still enjoy more positive press. I think the Panthers having such a likeable owner locally has hurt them. If people stayed on the Richardsons like they do Bob Johnson we'd have had back to back winning seasons by now.

Posted · Report post

So that 4 game road trip placed anywhere else on the schedule = playoffs?

I don't think so.

Nobody ever stops to think about how many products out there are marketed to white people. Like Nascar and Hockey. Nobody complains about the whites only sports. Just the ones where blacks are successful.

Fight in hockey? No problem.

Tony Stewart punches another driver? Its all good.

Mark McGuire shooting steriods? Who cares?

A fight during an NBA game? Those goddamn thugs!

The way I feel, nothing is marketed to me. I still enjoy what I enjoy, regardless of the package its wrapped in.

I come from a place that has no NFL team, no NBA team, hell the biggest thing for me back home is high school football games.

I wish more people around here had a greater appreciation for our sports franchises. We're sitting pretty good here in Charlotte.

Posted · Report post

Definitely. The Panthers have had more talent and opportunities for success than the Bobcats, yet they're still a sub .500 organization overall. They've also brought more scandal to this city than the Bobcats yet still enjoy more positive press. I think the Panthers having such a likeable owner locally has hurt them. If people stayed on the Richardsons like they do Bob Johnson we'd have had back to back winning seasons by now.

The Bobcats have not had one winnning season yet. Even playing in the East which has had playoff teams with records below .500, the Bobcats have not made the playoffs. The Bobcats have had numerous opportunities to build through the draft due to their horrible record and thus far it hasn't been fruitful. They have an owner who has deep pockets, and has been notoriously cheap. They've been more concerned with trying to market their team (UNC draft picks/Adam Morrison) then winning which is the best marketing of all. I just find it odd that I've NEVER seen you once criticize the Bobcats who are miles away from being a contender but think the Panthers front office is a "failure" if they don't win a Super Bowl this year. That's a double standard to me.

Posted · Report post

They've also brought more scandal to this city than the Bobcats yet still enjoy more positive press.

that has to do with the law of averages. the more players a team employees increases the risk of "scandal." the bobcats may have no more than 15 on their roster at one time as the panthers carry 53. that means a football team has 253% more players and can be argued that their chance of scandal also increases.

the fact remains: NFL is more popular than the NBA, MLB, MLS or NHL. the panthers came to town when the city needed a big name franchise in a big name sport. the hornets left town and left a bad taste in the mouths of charlotteans. the bobcats have a lot of damage control to do before they ever reach the fanfare the honets had and the panthers have. i argue that the bobcats and their ownership will never be as heralded as the panthers and their front office for those reasons.

Posted · Report post

that has to do with the law of averages. the more players a team employees increases the risk of "scandal." the bobcats may have no more than 15 on their roster at one time as the panthers carry 53. that means a football team has 253% more players and can be argued that their chance of scandal also increases.

the fact remains: NFL is more popular than the NBA, MLB, MLS or NHL. the panthers came to town when the city needed a big name franchise in a big name sport. the hornets left town and left a bad taste in the mouths of charlotteans. the bobcats have a lot of damage control to do before they ever reach the fanfare the honets had and the panthers have. i argue that the bobcats and their ownership will never be as heralded as the panthers and their front office for those reasons.

The city will come around when they start winning. There were signs of it at the end of last year before their collapse. I agree that they had a tougher place to start due to the bad taste in fans' minds from the Hornets, but I don't think they went about repairing those bridges in the best manner possible. I was far more insulted by the "marketing to white fans" draft pick of Adam Morrison than hearing hip-hop music in the Bobcats arena or coaches and owners being of a different skin color.

Posted · Report post

Panthers have been in Charlotte a lot longer then the Bobcats and they employ about 50 more players each year. So yes there is going to be more legal problems with that team, but every time there has been a problem the player got the boot. I'm not even sure what all these scandals are? There has been some DUI's, a killing(that's really bad), and a steroid problem. In 13 or 14 years with lets say a 1000 +- players, thats not bad considering you're dealing with a lot of young kids right out of college who are getting paid a lot of money.

Also what is with your black QB statement? Peete was the QB for a year. Did you bitch and moan when he got benched and Jake took us to the SB? What black QB's have been good and available that we passed up on? Also 75% of the team is black. What cause the leader isn't black you're crying? Jake is the leader of the offense Beason leads the defense. Hooray it's 50% black led and 50% white led we can call off the NAACP. You're one of the most racist people on here imo cause everyone of your posts you are bitching about whites and only ever defend blacks.

Posted · Report post

I just find it odd that I've NEVER seen you once criticize the Bobcats who are miles away from being a contender but think the Panthers front office is a "failure" if they don't win a Super Bowl this year. That's a double standard to me.

I dont have a reason to criticize the Bobcats. They improve every year. They have a HOF coach with young talented players who want to win and want to do well for this city. They have an owner who despite being beat up by the demographic here since day 1 has listened to those gripes and tried to push the franchise forward. They have a top 3 arena that houses every major sporting event and concert you can think of, bringing millions to this city every year. The also have the greatest competitor in the history of sports involved in their development. Im excited about the future of the Bobcats! I have confidence the franchise is doing everything possible it can to win and I disagree they are miles away from being contender.

Posted · Report post

Also what is with your black QB statement? Peete was the QB for a year. Did you bitch and moan when he got benched and Jake took us to the SB? What black QB's have been good and available that we passed up on? Also 75% of the team is black. What cause the leader isn't black you're crying? Jake is the leader of the offense Beason leads the defense. Hooray it's 50% black led and 50% white led we can call off the NAACP. You're one of the most racist people on here imo cause everyone of your posts you are bitching about whites and only ever defend blacks.

Do you think it hurts my feelings when you call me a racist? I could care less. I asked a hypothetical in response to Vagrants comments and you seemed to have gotten a lil emotional over it. The truth tends to do that to people. No one brought up the NAACP but you.

What black QBs have been good and available? LMAO. Are you joking? You're right, there's none out there who are as good as Stefan Lefors or Chris Weinke or Brett Basanez or Randy Fasani, etc. I'm sure next time we go 1-15 again the Panthers will get another black QB. LOL.

Posted · Report post

I dont have a reason to criticize the Bobcats. They improve every year. They have a HOF coach with young talented players who want to win and want to do well for this city. They have an owner who despite being beat up by the demographic here since day 1 has listened to those gripes and tried to push the franchise forward. They have a top 3 arena that houses every major sporting event and concert you can think of, bringing millions to this city every year. The also have the greatest competitor in the history of sports involved in their development. Im excited about the future of the Bobcats! I have confidence the franchise is doing everything possible it can to win and I disagree they are miles away from being contender.

Their win totals from year to year: 18, 26, 33, 32, and 35. How is that improving every year? Their best achievement to date was when they finally hired a good coach who essentially had to blow up a team that Michael Jordan built in mid-season. MJ has not proved to be 1/1,000th as good in the front office as he was on the court, and this isn't his first job.

Posted · Report post

Do you think it hurts my feelings when you call me a racist? I could care less. I asked a hypothetical in response to Vagrants comments and you seemed to have gotten a lil emotional over it. The truth tends to do that to people. No one brought up the NAACP but you.

What black QBs have been good and available? LMAO. Are you joking? You're right, there's none out there who are as good as Stefan Lefors or Chris Weinke or Brett Basanez or Randy Fasani, etc. I'm sure next time we go 1-15 again the Panthers will get another black QB. LOL.

The NAACP was a joke. Congratulations you still couldn't name a QB or say why it matters if we do have one. Sorry we don't have a backup black QB to make you happy.

Posted · Report post

Their win totals from year to year: 18, 26, 33, 32, and 35. How is that improving every year? Their best achievement to date was when they finally hired a good coach who essentially had to blow up a team that Michael Jordan built in mid-season. MJ has not proved to be 1/1,000th as good in the front office as he was on the court, and this isn't his first job.

Who hired Larry Brown, cuz he didnt hire himself? Who drafted DJ Augustin? Who traded for Jason Richardson (which paved the way for us to get Bell & Diaw)? MJ made all these of moves, but gets 0 credit. I said a year ago that Larry Brown would be given the "saviour" treatment when things started to turn around as if he's doing all this by himself.