• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Oh, he's saying a lot of things in that article....almost everything he writes in there are back-handed compliments....It's actually not surprising, but in the entire article he never mentions his incorrect evaluations, but points out the "harshest critics in the NFL evaluation community privately have admitted that he has exceeded their expectations as a rookie, acknowledging that they underestimated his competitiveness and fluid release".

Boiling it down, Chud made a crappy Derrick Anderson a Pro-Bowler, thus is probably doing the same thing here and Marty Hurney was a genius for the Olsen trade and making sure the top-notch offensive players were in place to hide Cam's shortcomings.

#17 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

I'm not even going to click on that link. Nothing Nawrocki says will ever again have relevance to me.

He's a 4th rate hack at a 2nd rate publication.

#18 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

Isn't it amazing at the number a caveats these fuggers feel like they have to provide for Cam's success that they don't with any other rookie QB in recent memory.

I didn't hear too much, "Yeah Matt Ryan was pretty good but.... but.... it is really only because Mike Smith.... they signed Michael Turner in offseason.... he didn't throw very often.. derp herp"

No... it was only "Matt Ryan is going to be a Super Bowl caliber QB (mostly)" He was ordained very quickly by the media. And Cam has dwarfed anything that Matt Ryan did as a rookie. Yet it is still "Yeah but...... (insert bullsh*t excuse here) is the real reason Cam is successful."

It makes you wonder......... hmmmmmm. KT will tell you the rest.

#19 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

Isn't it amazing at the number a caveats these fuggers feel like they have to provide for Cam's success that they don't with any other rookie QB in recent memory.

It's on display in this piece of sheite article....Even has a misleading title to go along with it..."Newton's Star Shines Brightly"....yet nothing in there indicates that he deserves all that much credit or praise right now.

Statements like "If Cam Newton finds a way to win consistently in Carolina — and his record-breaking performance as a rookie showed why his talent was every bit deserving of the first overall pick — he will make it easy for teammates, coaches and fans to forget about any shortcomings." show how this guy is still clinging to the idea that Cam might not be as good as meets the eye. Like I said, the article is filled with back-handed compliments.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,452 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

he's a joke and not to be taken seriously.

he won't admit he's wrong. he's not man enough.

same goes for casserly and mayock, imo.

#21 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,600 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

he's a joke and not to be taken seriously.

he won't admit he's wrong. he's not man enough.

same goes for casserly and mayock, imo.

i agree. i would take what a draftnik say with a grain of salt. all of them. do your own research like i do.:D

#22 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

Love when writers give credit where it is due...

...hate when they slobber on the Panthers's balls.

#23 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

The majority of Newton's throws against Tampa Bay were short, simple laterals, swing passes and screens that allowed his supporting cast to create in space. After Newton hit LaFell for a big gain, he came back the following drive looking for big strikes twice, missing Steve Smith wildly coming across the middle and then nearly throwing an interception directly into the hands of an outstretched Geno Hayes. At the start of the next drive early in the third quarter, Newton could be seen apologizing to Ryan Kalil after the center was flagged for a false-start penalty, and it rattled him the next two plays, when he threw a dirtball into double coverage and held on to it too long and took a sack.

When Newton has been pressured this season and opponents disguised coverages — as the Titans did extremely well in Week 10 — Newton has struggled, and admittedly this season said it looked like there were extra defenders on the field. For a rookie, however, his progress has been highly encouraging.

As if these are the only throws Cam can make. 4,000 yards worth of laterals, screens, and swing passes.

#24 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

I don't know what the big deal is. If I was Nolan, I'd be pissed too that Cam did his girlfriend and then left him because he was inadequate downstairs compared to Cam.

#25 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,266 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

As if these are the only throws Cam can make. 4,000 yards worth of laterals, screens, and swing passes.

He cherry-picked one game where Cam only attempted 17 throws because we were already destroying the Bucs.

Nolan Nawrocki is a coward and a worthless excuse of a football analyst. He does no analysis other than piecing together a bunch of quotes from others and passing it off as "in-depth" assessment.

I'm about to rip him a new asshole. . .

#26 Get_on_my_horse

Get_on_my_horse

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

I thought it was a pretty good read.

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,452 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

I thought it was a pretty good read.

did you not read the crap he said about newton before the draft?

much worse than peter king or anyone, really.

#28 Get_on_my_horse

Get_on_my_horse

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

did you not read the crap he said about newton before the draft?

much worse than peter king or anyone, really.

Sorry but no i didn't. I think Cam took a lot of people by surprise but thats no need to rip someone apart over something so small.

#29 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

Overall it was a positive article, and I agree that our offense is more than Cam and a lot of that has to do with some of the dudes he mentioned, but he really seemed to go out of his way not to say how good Cam has been at times.

#30 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,159 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

LOL, come on Nolan... it's okay to admit your "analysis" was totally wrong.

He talks about how talented Cam is and then suggests he could be another Derek Anderson hiding behind Chud's playcalling genius.

He also talks about how Cam benefits from the best backfield in football while ignoring the fact that our running game didn't get going until just recently and Cam was able to more then compensate for that with his arm.

Any GM who took Cam off his board should be fired... with the talent he flashed in college are you telling me you wouldn't have taken him if he slipped to the 2nd or 3rd round even if you had some reservations or doubts?

I'm asking myself why I would even bother to hear what Nolan has to say about Cam at this point... it's all just damage control for totally crapping down his leg in his pre-draft analysis. For the rest of his career, Nolan will be looking for ways to justify being totally wrong about Cam by referencing these "league sources" to back him up.

Edited by CatMan72, 27 December 2011 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com