Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Cam Newton Is NEXT!

72 posts in this topic

The Jamarcus Russel comment is well deserved, since by all accounts he was a lazy fatass that just soaked up millions of dollars. Even his teammates said so. All the idiots trying to say Cam was Russel 2.0 at the beginning of the season was annoying for me, I can't imagine how the man himself must have felt, no matter how confident.

Young still plays, even if he's a backup, so that might ruffle some feathers, especially in the Panthers/Eagles game next year.

But hey, controversy just means more publicity, and you know what they say about that.

Glad you see where I'm coming from. I'm sure he will. I love that cocky/ "swaggerific" demeanor he has though to an extent. If he can turn this organization into one that is FEARED that would be a dream come true in the football aspect of my life lol :eek6: Let's just hope he can be a LEADER and not attempt to overdose on the role and try to play Rent a Cop with too much power lol. (IMO I know people get tired of Ray Lewis talking (pretty sure I've even read a player say it once))

Competitiveness is a double-edged sword. Tom Brady was just shown on TV screaming at his offensive coordinator. Peyton Manning called his kicker an "idiot." Drew Brees will send you to run wind sprints if he feels you're not giving enough effort in practice.

I'm sure he'll keep it in check but don't be surprised if he becomes more vocal and fiery within a few seasons. There's a standard he sets for himself and the team, and he expects others to try to match it.

By the way, that sound you hear is the rest of the NFL pooing their pants.

There were also up to 10 run plays a game for the linebacker-size quarterback who showed up on the first day of practice and smoked the team's fastest players in a series of wind sprints.

Really? Either Cam jogged his 40 or we have some slow ass players

Really? Either Cam jogged his 40 or we have some slow ass players

Wind sprints are more about endurance than speed.

And on a sidenote, 40 time is not the be-all-end-all indicator of running speed, because that's just one snapshot at 40 yards (a distance a player rarely runs in an actual game.)

Cam's acceleration is phenomenal for his size, that's more key to his ability to outrun people on the field than his top-end speed.

Wind sprints are more about endurance than speed.

And on a sidenote, 40 time is not the be-all-end-all indicator of running speed, because that's just one snapshot at 40 yards (a distance a player rarely runs in an actual game.)

Cam's acceleration is phenomenal for his size, that's more key to his ability to outrun people on the field than his top-end speed.

I would think RBs, CBs, WRs are conditioned to run sprints. Nothing against Cam but no reason he should be smoking Smith, Williams, Goodson in sprints.

Anyway great article. There are just so many great things Cam.

Say what you want. Newton throws other people under the bus A LOT. If he can learn ONE thing from his PR manager it's not to even MENTION other players in ANY negative light. "I hate seeing other players making plans to go out", the media doesn't need to know that, it just makes him seem like he's putting himself on a pedestal, plus the quote about Vince and Jamarcus, he didn't have to mention them specifically he could've just said "because of what others have done before me".

But hey I know Cam is Cam and people are going to defend what he says no matter what b/c of his great play. (Which might I add I'm LOVING 130%)

I understand what you are saying here, but I think Cam's blunt honesty at times is something that I identify with. It makes him seem more like a human being and less like a politician. I think people should be allowed to express their true feelings. That being said, being an NFL quarterback does require a little bit of political correctness, and that will come with time as he starts reflecting on protecting/preserving his own legacy.

Wow....Cam is only 22 years old and talking like a true vet....how lucky are the Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Like SWAT

SWAG SWAG SWAG

very nice. he probably should have not mention the names but i think this guy is like M. ALI, very outspoken BUT can back it up.

everyone keeps saying luck will be a ONE in a GENERATION QUARTERBACK..............im starting to think thats going to be newton.

lol at people calling him a thug. dude even if he stole the lap top and took the money, HE WOULD NOT QUALIFY AS A THUG. now i see how fake rappers trick america...... lol do people even know what that term means or if you make a mistake as a black guy, you are automatically a thug. thats like calling a hacker who steals money a thug lol. i would understand if he had punched someone in a game or been in a domestic abuse case.

newton made auburn a 30 million dollar profit that year............just saying facts.

I'm so glad this guy is on our team. I wasn't one of the ones who pined for him, but man am I glad Hurney did! This season has been truly remarkable to watch. The wins aren't there (yet), but the sheer promise that we've seen has been jaw dropping. Cam Newton has officially washed away the bad taste that has been left in our mouths from the last few seasons. We haven't had an offense this fun to watch since good ol' #7 was slinging balls around the field. Even then, you had a feeling it would all come crashing down, and through inexplicable FO mistakes, it did. Fox and Jake brought us some good years, but it is muddled with inconsistency and conservative play calling. This right here is the start of something amazing for this organization and fan base, and we've only seen the tip of the ice berg.

:cam: