Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton Is NEXT!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

I really want to be excited, and I'm not saying that Newton is like Vick in any way, but we all know what happens when a fan base starts relying on one player instead of the team.

It can work out great (Indy) or not (most other teams). I try to keep an even keel on these things, even though admittedly, Cam makes it tough to do so.

#62 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

I really want to be excited, and I'm not saying that Newton is like Vick in any way, but we all know what happens when a fan base starts relying on one player instead of the team.

It can work out great (Indy) or not (most other teams). I try to keep an even keel on these things, even though admittedly, Cam makes it tough to do so.

not sure what the fan base relying on cam has to do with anything.

#63 redbuddha

redbuddha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

Yet you quote a post by VENOM about Glenn Beck & his project to unite republicans and teabaggers.

#64 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

not sure what the fan base relying on cam has to do with anything.

I can see that. I just hate putting too much trust or faith into one person. Been through too much with this team - just my opinion and worth as much as anyone elses.

#65 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

Yet you quote a post by VENOM about Glenn Beck & his project to unite republicans and teabaggers.

keep that tinderbox crap out of here.

#66 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

I think he has every right to mention Russell and Young any and every time he wants since it is THEIR weaknesses and failures to which he was incessantly compared and that were (and still are by many) constantly thrown in his face.

If Russell and Young didn't want their NFL careers to be compared to turds, then maybe they shouldn't have squeezed them out into the crapper.

Russell and Vince didnt say Cam was them, the media did. Their failures were ignorantly placed on him, he will wisen up over time to the "divide and conquer" game and realize highlighting them does nothing for him. There was no need to put that in there.

#67 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

no real need to avoid it, either.

i do doubt you ever hear him mention them again, though. no need to.

#68 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

Russell and Vince didnt say Cam was them, the media did. Their failures were ignorantly placed on him, he will wisen up over time to the "divide and conquer" game and realize highlighting them does nothing for him. There was no need to put that in there.

And yet, if HE doesn't actively and vocally fight against that (continued to this day) impression, who will?

Purple Drank and Schizo can learn to get over it. Or get a lot better. Or both.

#69 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

message to footballisasport and others who keep harping on the disrespect wagon...let it go. move on. cam has. it's time.

what he is doing is shutting up critics and making them look more like fools than any of you running your mouth could ever do.

quit living in the past and start looking ahead. get over it and get moving.

Its not the past, it was just a few months ago. You cant expect everyone to forget treatment like that and act like it never happened. As long as the double standard is exhibited expect people to point out. When drafting a guy like Cam isnt seen as culture shock to so many folks people will move on.

#70 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Its not the past, it was just a few months ago. You cant expect everyone to forget treatment like that and act like it never happened. As long as the double standard is exhibited expect people to point out. When drafting a guy like Cam isnt seen as culture shock to so many folks people will move on.

a few months ago is the past. 5 minutes ago is the past.

you either dwell in it or you move forward. you can't do both. you don't let the past or people's opinions dictate who you are or define you. you define yourself by what you are doing now. when you have people attack or unjustly criticize you, you get mad and you prove them wrong. the best argument against those kinds of attacks is your action. it does more good than any speeches or articles or rampages on a message board. his success will do more to rub his critics noses in their own verbal feces than you could ever do by arguing on a message board.

you want it to be less of a culture shock? quit treating it as something other than a young and very talented man making the most of the talent that he was given and proving all his critics wrong. quit making it about culture.

gahh.....i can't wait until people can see past color, whether other people's colors or their own. ultimately it doesn't matter. we are who we are and we aren't defined by anything other than what we do unless we let it happen.

#71 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

i doin't have a problem with that. they were mentioned by name quite often as a negative comparison and they did it to themselves. it's an "honor" that they earned. they just didn't want it enough.

newton is separating himself from anyone who didn't have the drive for excellence he has. he is by name separating himself form those who he shouldn't have been lumped in with in the first place.

if russell and young didn't want to be cast in that light they should have worked more and focused on being great.

LMAO question...which one would you expect to make headlines in ESPN's / Medias "twist everything you say" articles

"Cam openly blames Russell and Young for his criticism."
Or
"Cam states that he should not be scrutinized due to others actions."

Exactly my point, either way you get the SAME point across. Yet with the first by throwing out names it gives people a reason to bash him. Even you have to see that. Young and Russell probably did do stupid things. Yet one thing you learn if you want to be an ICON (as Cam wants to and hopefully will be) in sports...is you have to Perform Great, Win, and be Politically Correct (at the very least on occasion).

* Then again IDK lol c/ honestly in the back of my mind I keep saying "THey love Charles Barkley, and OchoCinco" so in this world maybe it doesn't matter what you do to become an icon...but you still should WANT a positive legacy left behind.

Sorry for the story lmao

#72 Claws

Claws

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

i love this and take back all the poo i talked