Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manning Rookie Record > Marino's All Time Record?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks for the opinion bro...

Posted

can you imagine being the qb drafted to replace cam at the end of his career. It would take dan marino's grandson and bo jackson's granddaughter to conceive a child capable of following such greatness.

lmao..

Posted

Honestly, I don't think Cam has to worry this season that any of the other rookie QBs will break accomplish what he did today but Brees do have to accept the fact that what he did on Monday will be accomplished by two other QBs before the season ends. Doesn't hold as much weight because he won't have the title by himself for long.

Posted

I think the record that Cam needs to focus on is the one currently shared by Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana.

1 person likes this

Posted

considering it is a ROOKIE record, that only ROOKIES are eligible for, i would say the rookie record. i mean, how many players are eligible to break Brees' new season passing total? how many are eligible to break cam's?

given experience, pool of candidates, and chance of being broken in the SAME YEAR the old record was broken, i'm going to go with the rookie passing record.

Posted

Nah, it's not greater than but I'd put them on equal ground. Considering the circumstances, one just looks like a precursor to the other. I'd say they're equally impressive.

Posted

I'd take a winning record over either.

Posted

Well let's just hope soon the Panthers are riding their QB to 10+ win seasons for a long time running like the Colts did Peyton. I think it'll happen.

Posted

I don't think that Brees' record will fall any time soon.

Marino's number has rarely been approached and the only reason that 2 people are going to pass it this year is because the defenses were way behind after the lockout.

Posted

Honestly, I don't think Cam has to worry this season that any of the other rookie QBs will break accomplish what he did today but Brees do have to accept the fact that what he did on Monday will be accomplished by two other QBs before the season ends. Doesn't hold as much weight because he won't have the title by himself for long.

How will he not hold the title by himself when he has a 200 yard lead and will most likely add more yards this week?