Photo
- - - - -

Manning Rookie Record > Marino's All Time Record?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

I think the record that Cam needs to focus on is the one currently shared by Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana.

#17 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,373 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

considering it is a ROOKIE record, that only ROOKIES are eligible for, i would say the rookie record. i mean, how many players are eligible to break Brees' new season passing total? how many are eligible to break cam's?

given experience, pool of candidates, and chance of being broken in the SAME YEAR the old record was broken, i'm going to go with the rookie passing record.

#18 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

Nah, it's not greater than but I'd put them on equal ground. Considering the circumstances, one just looks like a precursor to the other. I'd say they're equally impressive.

#19 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:38 PM

I'd take a winning record over either.

#20 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

Well let's just hope soon the Panthers are riding their QB to 10+ win seasons for a long time running like the Colts did Peyton. I think it'll happen.

#21 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

I don't think that Brees' record will fall any time soon.

Marino's number has rarely been approached and the only reason that 2 people are going to pass it this year is because the defenses were way behind after the lockout.

#22 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

Honestly, I don't think Cam has to worry this season that any of the other rookie QBs will break accomplish what he did today but Brees do have to accept the fact that what he did on Monday will be accomplished by two other QBs before the season ends. Doesn't hold as much weight because he won't have the title by himself for long.

How will he not hold the title by himself when he has a 200 yard lead and will most likely add more yards this week?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com