Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodeo

Teabagging

19 posts in this topic

this is a protest against the way this country/ the federal gov't has taken this country in the past few years... once again... NOT a right against left event...

No, it's not. It's about some rich people who are angry about tax raises duping conservatives into going to these ''grass root events''.

hell, i'd bet most of these people's taxes have gone down. i know my mom was shocked when they started taking less out of her paycheck shortly after obama was elected.

but seriously, who wouldn't want to teabag john mccain?

I am wondering if you could tell where the scrotum ends and his skin begins?

I am wondering if you could tell where the scrotum ends and his skin begins?

:puke:

:puke:

On Zod's list of fetishes, that one's pretty tame, actually.

saggy+skin+!.jpg

I call this one: "Ode to the McCain Teabag"

lol, it certainly did not start as a non-partisan effort. it started as a corporate funded campaign BY the republican party.

teabagger slogans:

Speak for Yourself Obama! We ARE a Christian Nation!

Beware Obama's Hitler Youth

Hitler Gave Good Speeches, Too

You Know Why Democrats Love Taxes? They Don't Pay Any!

now i'm no expert, but that doesn't scream non-partisan to me.

What you fail to understand is that, while the effort began from one source, from one spark, each rally is being attended and controlled by different people, with different ideas and from different political backgrounds. Yes, I agree with you that the majority is right leaning, but each party is individually formed by individuals: A tea party rally in southern Texas or Alabama is going to be very different than the rally in San Francisco. If you ask CNN or MSNBC, they will report the event as a solely right leaning/ right fringe rally against Obama... while ignoring the past eight years. If you watch the coverage on Fox, as I have been, for the past hour or so, you will see a completely different story. You see a story of a bi-partisan effort against our gov't- and the path it has taken, with Bush, and now with Obama.

I have seen men like Hannity and O'Reilly attempt to turn this into a right- against left event, or a right-good left-bad rally... which is not true as far as I have seen so far. The funny thing is, is that the men on the other side of the political spectrum are saying the same things as Hannity & Co., only in a negative light.

I say that this movement is the the mainstream culmination of the Ron Paul rallies last year, after the amazing money- bombs. I was an avid member of that campaign and of those rallies, and I saw a completely non- partisan, bi-partisan effort. I saw the left alongside the right, and everyone in between. Guess what? I was a Democrat before the Ron Paul movement.

My point is that no one, not you, not me, nor the MSM, can make a blanket statement about today's rallies, as each rally is different, as each attendee is a different individual rallying against the same enemy. These rallies wouldn't exist if it weren't for the individual effort on the streets of America's cities.