Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobcats Draft Needs

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Considering the fact the Bobcats were in the Top 10 in scoring defense, defense might not be the biggest factor. What the Bobcats need is another big man because right now its Okafor, Diaw as the main producers with Diop and Howard coming off the bench. If the Bobcats got another big man that could score down low coming off the bench, it would be huge to take the load off of Diaw and Okafor.

That's what I was referring to, a big guy down low who can dominate defensively with rebounds and shot blocks and produce in the paint. I think Felton should definitely stay, and he and DJ will only continue to get better. Unfortunately the franchise was set back with the Sam Vincent season but we are back in the right direction. Though if Alexis fills out and produces, then my point is moot. But yeah, like everyone has stated, a SG who could come off the bench and score would be great.

Posted · Report post

Evans or DeRozan if either falls to us would fit the SG who can score and drive off the bench. Either one would be fine with me. I think Tyreke falls to us though and that's who we should get.

Posted · Report post

Green

Henderson

Ellington

would be my picks for ACC players

Posted · Report post

The only problem is, is that Henderson most likely isnt leaving

Posted · Report post

Tyreke Evans would be a solid pick. He could really lock up that 2 spot for us, so we don't have to look to Wallace for all our offensive production.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=41608

Physically, I agree, Tyreke Evans would be a perfect fit. However, he is the epitomy of a "me-first" player. He's known to be a black hole who sometimes forgets he has teammates. So, I think he is totally wrong for this team. The Bobcats are built on unselfish teamwork and have good locker room chemistry, and if Evens came here, I think he could/would prove to be a serious cancer.

If the team had an established star that could keep him in line, maybe, but they don't. Instead they have a team of solid role players in need of a true go-to guy. However, I don't think Evans is that guy. They don't need someone to just take over, especially at the expense of his teammates. Rather they need someone that can come in and blend with the working parts, but able to situationally step up and take over a game when need be.

Posted · Report post

Curry is a better shooter than anyone on the team. Not saying they should do it, but if they did I could see why.

Anybody with a shot like his will be quite OK in the NBA. He has the range and the lightning quick release that seems oddly familiar to Hornets fans.

I could see him as a 2. He'd have to work on his D for NBA 2s though.

Posted · Report post

Curry is a better shooter than anyone on the team. Not saying they should do it, but if they did I could see why.

Anybody with a shot like his will be quite OK in the NBA. He has the range and the lightning quick release that seems oddly familiar to Hornets fans.

I could see him as a 2. He'd have to work on his D for NBA 2s though.

Bobs already have one undersized guard that can't defend against NBA guards and he has quite a bit more lateral quickness than Curry.

PASS.

Posted · Report post

at best Curry will become the next Richard Hamilton... I wouldn't mind having Richard Hamilton on our team though. Curry is very active and has such a quick release that he'll prove difficult to defend in the NBA. What is questionable is whether or not he will be able to defend anyone.

Still too early to tell who I think we should go with. It's no lie that Raja is getting up there in years. We can always use more bigs. I think we're pretty set at PF and PG. We have a lot of picks so I'll be interestd to see what we can do.

Posted · Report post

Curry is a under size 2 who needs too be a 1 not what this teams needs. A 6'6 SG who can get his own shot would be great for this team. Who ever that is you let me know.

Posted · Report post

demar rozan maybe ?? 6'6 swingman from USC (southern cal). some scouts have compared him to vince carter

Posted · Report post

Blake Griffin maybe.